cullany Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cullany Lake

Thanks CORA for puting on a great race. I had a terrific weekend.
    Sean Byrne

cullany?

I could have sworn it's cullaby lake, lol. But yes good race CORA. Next time I won't order a dsh blowover sandwitch.
    Kyle Bahl
    20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Thanks

Yes, our pits were really in the blowover sandwich mood......BIG thank you's go out to Oregon Race Rescue.....can't tell you how much we appreciate your quick responsiveness in these situations. Just glad no one got carted away in the meat wagon.

Comment

Kyle:

Is this now 2 weeks in a row???????

Joe

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
        I could have sworn it's cullaby lake, lol. But yes good race CORA. Next time I won't order a dsh blowover sandwitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
          Kyle:

Is this now 2 weeks in a row???????

Joe
          Yeah this was unexpected and nothing i could do about it. Just caught a gust and went right over going into the first turn. Glad the GF and mom didn't see....

And yes thanks Steve and all of Oregon Race Rescue! You guys are the best!
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

old school

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
            . Tough for an old fart to type on a blackberry yet alone to see the stinkinkin small print. LOL
            Sean Byrne

Comment

Karelsen DSH 1 Kyle Bahl 0

Hemp ASH 1 Ashley Rucker 0

Deer in road 0 Jerzey Holman 1

Go Jerzey !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He didn't do any damage to the vintage van? Glad he made it home safe
                Sean Byrne

Comment

Cullaby Lake

Thanx to CORA for a wonderfull weekend of racing.. Jason Diamond and his crew should be thanked for the good job they did on the barge..to get that many entries thru and be done by 5 each day is so cool..gave us all time to relax etc. Honestly one of the most fun races I have been to in the last couple of years. Was VERY dissapointed there were only 3 D stock entries, but such is life. I will be back for sure next year, whether it is in D or another class. Oh yah..any pics online? I saw quite a few people taking pics....

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                    Oh yah..any pics online? I saw quite a few people taking pics....

I saw Pat taking a lot of pics. I'm sure he'll be posting them once he's had time to get them uploaded
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

I talked to Pat today, Tuesday. He said the pics will be up on the web tomorrow, Wednesday. He showed me a foto sequence of my AXH three feet in the air coming around the corner next to another hydro and then settling down right side up. It was a thrill.

Smiley 126R

Comment

Cullaby

That was you that almost crashed? Another reason why I don't run ASH. I don't have big enough Kuhunas

Comment

Cullaby

Oh yah..one more thing on race. I have never seen somebody blow over where Kyle did in DSH Sunday. Most people blow over coming up the back stretch. I had some pretty fast stuff in 1991(go figure) and blew over on the last lap on the backstretch trying to catch Bruce Allert. Boat went end over end 3 times (so I am told) and I broke 5 ribs. Some people have said it was the most violent blowover they have ever seen. I think Lee Tietze blowing over in 350 a few years ago was worse..but so be it. My ribs still ache to this day, and I am always cautious going down the backstretch. Watching Kyle blow over scared the hell out of me...and I am so glad he is ok. RacerDave

Comment

many thanks....

as my first time as race director (co-director with lee) i would like to thank everyone who participated for a great weekend. a car accident a 1/4 mile from the race site friday at noon had lee and i waiting in traffic 2 hours later than we would have liked to get started in the pits. to our surprise alan thorson and the johnson's (aka cameraboy) had darn near the whole race site ready for the finishing touches by the time we got there.

the same was to be said on sunday. i think every race team helped tear down fence, pull course weights and load equipment before tending to their own rigs. thanks to jason diamond (referee) for running a smooth program for us. the whole seattle outboard association as always was such a big help. as i watched the last specks of paper and zip ties being picked up from the pits i was reminded how luckey i am to be involved with such a great bunch of people.

racing was really good at cullaby as it normally is. lee tietze and i hit a homer as the water was a little high this year and we got a course in that was pretty close to a mile. we watched a great OSY battle between kay brewer and jerzey holman where jerzey won 1st on time. watching young lilly christianson race her rainbow flamed j hydro was almost as cool as seeing her sit on the side of her dad's (kevin) 45ss giving him pats on the helmet and a pep talk before his full class heat (priceless). kyle bahl's scary blow over and seeing how many times ashley rucker could go for a swim were the only tense times we could have done without. oregon race rescue were perfect as always. i enjoyed watching sean byrne get his new montana built MJR dialed in this weekend. sean ran fast and he's a true asset to our region. our friend glen wesanko from canada ran really well this weekend. the amount of time glen spends in travel to race with us alone is amazing. bill diamond ran really fast in his new Rossi/MJR in 350 hydro. bill edged out zack malhiot on a last turn pass to win our first marc moberly memorial trophy. marc was smiling down on us this weekend and we miss him dearly....

thanks again everyone....

bill
                            Last edited by Team 12R; 06-30-2010, 09:07 PM. Reason: x
                            Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

lost GPS

i received a call from one of our fellow racers today. he is missing a wrist strapped model GPS he belives was lost at cullaby. if anyone found a GPS could you give me a call or send me a message so we can get it back to him.

thanks,

bill
                              bill.dingman@gmail.com
                              Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                              X