Enclosed Trailer Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosed Trailer Set Up

I have been dreaming about getting an enclosed trailer and thought, what is the best boat rack set-up for an enclosed? Let me know what you guys have, what you like about the set up and what you would change. Maybe even throw in some photos. Thanks, Zach R-13

I made my rack useing right angles pieces, and used the existing holes on the framing for it. All I had to do i drill out the right angle holes, and got longer bolts than the original. Actually it was pretty snug but actually added more support using the pieces for the rack. Mine is just for 2 CSH's.

Theres tons of ideas, just have to find what works for you!

Comment

Leave room for the couch!!!

99R

Comment

Enclosed trail racks

We built our rack from Alum. but put it on wheels so we can take out all four boats at once and just winch them in when done for the day. That way if you have work on a boat you can just bring that boat into the trailer have all of the extra room to work on that boat. The front of the trailer has a full shop and storage for parts and the right side has a motor rack that can hold 8 to 10 engines.

David Van Weele

Comment

I did the inside of this one which is mine. The trailer is a car hauler 8.5 wide , 20 ft box with a 3 ft V nose total length is 25 ft. The racks are made so the boats sit closer together to eliminate the windshield clearance of the top boat and the rear door header. The rack holds seven motors.
          Attached Files
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Too cool

Awesome transport George!!!
            Elek Hutchinson
            36M

Comment

G Stillwill, That looks pretty nice. Do your racks come out at the race site? I will have to fit 3 12-13ft boats and possibly 2 11ft-ers. I am thinking one or two will have to go on racks on top of the trailer. I have seen trailers that have racks that swing out from the wall then when at the race they swing back in against the wall. Does anyone have pictures of a trailer like that? Zach

Comment

Zach, If you can get in touch with Thirlby, Buskirk, or Gryzowits (sorry for the spelling), they have a pretty nice set-up. I am looking to revamp mine also. I can only haul 3 boats right now and I need to up it to 4 or 5.

Comment

Zach:

I used E-Track on the walls, which allows the racks to be adjustable. Plus it comes apart in less then 5 minutes, so you have a wide open trailer all weekend.

Joe

Comment

E-Track very nice

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
                    Zach:

I used E-Track on the walls, which allows the racks to be adjustable. Plus it comes apart in less then 5 minutes, so you have a wide open trailer all weekend.

Joe
                    Joe,
                    Did you did you use a complete E-Track cross member or did you use E-Track hangers with a 2X as the cross member?
                    What do you use as runners or do you not use them?
                    Thanks
                    Steve

Comment

I would suggest getting the trailer 1 foot taller than standard. We can stack 4 tall with all 4 cyl. boats. Also a door on both sides lets a good breeze through the trailer but you loose the wall space.
                      "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
                        Zach:

Joe
                        Originally posted by QUINAULTRACING View Post
                        Joe,
                        Did you did you use a complete E-Track cross member or did you use E-Track hangers with a 2X as the cross member?
                        What do you use as runners or do you not use them?
                        Thanks
                        Steve

The E-Track is the coolest stuff ever. I have ran it for years in my enclosed trailer. I also set up Lee Tietze will all his E-Track in his old trailer.

Steve, I have seen guys use the hangers and 2x4's. I myself use the Aluminum Shoring Beams that clip right into the E-track. One nice thing about them is they extend/retract on the ends to make install and removal very easy, and also allow for trailer wall flex while moving if there is any. For runners, I use carpeted 2x6's that lay flat so they contour to the bottom of the boat.

Like Joe said, in 5 minutes, your racks are gone and the Lounge is open.

Anyone interested in my trailer it maybe for sale this fall. A package deal could be available for the trailer and 2-Apel 250/350 Pro Boats with Tietze Hardware. Oh yeah, trailer has A/C also
                        Sattler Racing R-15
                        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                        TEAM VRP
                        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

I have only seen the E-Track system used horizontally. Can it be installed vertically to adjust for different boat hights? Is it a pain after your boat is loaded to get to the fuel, pipes, motor rack, wall of propellers (I wouldent have that problem) or anything else you have along the side of the trailer where the E-Track is mounted. Does that become useless storage space?

Comment

Zach:

Using the E-Track vertically has not been an issue. The nice thing about it is that you can adjust the racks anytime you want to. As for loading around the rack, it is no different that loading your trailer now, everything goes in a certain order.

I used 1 1/2" steel box tubing for the beams, as I did not know anything about the shoring beams when I did this, otherwise I would have gone that way.

Joe
                            Attached Files

Comment

Quick Tip

On my Aluminum trailer, the manufacturer suggests that you don't attach much to the side walls, as they are too weak. Now my trailer is around 8 years old now, and is not a walk on top of trailer either. So if you have the right aluminum trailer, you might be able to attach a rack to the wall.

Just wanted to toss that out there in case your trailer was aluminum. Mine is a Haulmark SnoLite, 27 feet long, V Nose. Narrow body, standard height. I can fit three inside if they are not the tall sides.
                              Dave Mason
                              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X