Outboards Return to Montana!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboards Return to Montana!!!

It has been a long process but the outboards will return to Montana for the first time since 1960 and 61. We have worked on this since July of 2009 and it is now approved for Fathersday weekend. Testing will be on Friday with racing taking place Saturday and Sunday. We will have all outboard classes and the Nos Flats. If you bring it we will race it. This will all take place in a town called Trout Creek and is the exact same place as 50 years ago.

This would not of happened without a lot of help from the local newspaper editor, the park board of Trout Creek and my wife. I was ready to pack it in after a group and one individual did all they could to shoot us down but they stuck with it and we are all set.

It is really great working with a town that really wants this event to take place. They have a big barbaque set up for Saturday night with a live band following. They also will have vendors for the whole event, have got the local business to supply bathrooms, and the dumpster. We have also worked out a deal for free ambulance service for all three days. And the bass club will patrol the outside areas of the coarse for any out of bounds pleasure boats.

We also went up and participated in an even last weekend and took one of our boats to help promote the race and will also be doing this again the 1st of May in another near by town. Budweiser has also provided banners for the race. The town has had such a positive response they are wondering where they will park all the spectators. Terrible problem to have.

So if you are in the neighborhood and want to have a great time send us a PM and we will supply you with any info you need. Also a lot more info is on www.slora.com web site such as lodging, weather and directions.
    Attached Files
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Pictures of setting up from promotion last weekend
    Attached Files

Comment

Good work Mike! Looks like this is a real nice site
      Sean Byrne

Comment

Great work you people!

"The Coffee Guy"
        TEAM CAFFEINE
        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Ok

Looks good you two! I know on this special man day, I might get my way for a drive up, as most fellas should! Probably will have to take the dogs, any problem there? We have a nice cage for the vicious ones!
          Thanks for your hard work!
          Will there be event t-shirts to promote all your sponsors and Montana? If not, a good opportunity might be missed for this historic event. My contact used to do them for $4 with no required order size.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
            Looks good you two! I know on this special man day, I might get my way for a drive up, as most fellas should! Probably will have to take the dogs, any problem there? We have a nice cage for the vicious ones!
            Thanks for your hard work!
            Will there be event t-shirts to promote all your sponsors and Montana? If not, a good opportunity might be missed for this historic event. My contact used to do them for $4 with no required order size.
            T shirts sound like a good job for a volunteer!! HINT HINT

And a great idea

Comment

Outstanding...

Comment

Ya know

I'm going to try to finish the boat for this. Hope to see you there. Any place to crash in Thompson Falls? Will need a hot shower if I drive this beast. New balsa now fills this hole in where the wood rot was! Build up of new cloth and glass next.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
                  I'm going to try to finish the boat for this. Hope to see you there. Any place to crash in Thompson Falls? Will need a hot shower if I drive this beast. New balsa now fills this hole in where the wood rot was! Build up of new cloth and glass next.
                  You should be able to get a room right in Trout Creek. Contact info is on the SLORA site posted above but if you want to stay in Thompson we can get you that info to. Let us know

Comment

Nice

Great job, I hope you can pull boats to make a good show for them ! It looks like a beautiful place to race. June is pretty booked here in the Midwest, I have three races within an hour of home, so it is hard to pass these up.

If things go well, I really hope you can put on a nationals there some day. That would really draw the boats.

I will put this race on my calander for want to go. Maybe next year. I have never raced in Montana before.
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                      Great job, I hope you can pull boats to make a good show for them ! It looks like a beautiful place to race. June is pretty booked here in the Midwest, I have three races within an hour of home, so it is hard to pass these up.

If things go well, I really hope you can put on a nationals there some day. That would really draw the boats.

I will put this race on my calander for want to go. Maybe next year. I have never raced in Montana before.
                      If things go well this year we are going to try and move the date to later in the year for 2011.

Comment

You know we would love to have you Dave!

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Working...
                        X