yamato gearcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamato gearcase

Need help. sheer pin spun on the shaft and can't remove the prop.
    Has this happened to anyone? Can' get any of my pullers between con nut and the prop hub.

Originally posted by redrider View Post
    Has this happened to anyone? Can' get any of my pullers between con nut and the prop hub.
    I have a prop puller, PM me and I'll try to help
    Last edited by drbyrne55; 04-03-2010, 08:30 PM.
    BOPP

Comment

Last resort....send it ta Cronk or TJ fer new shaft.

Or......does someone have a wrench made ta fit/go around OD of cone and remove whole cartridge?......then dis assemble and remove shaft........press prop off,,,,,,,could use a pipe wrench but..............

PS cartridge is LH thread
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

gearcase

Thank's for all of the response to this question. I'll give one of these a try.

Comment

Originally posted by redrider View Post
          I have made a simple puller out of some round stock, bore it out to slip over the propshaft leave about 1/2 inch to thread for a 1/2 inch bolt or weld a nut to the top. Slide this over the propshaft and butt it up to the prop hub. Then tack it preferably with tig and now you are set up to pull the prop. It doesn't take a very big tack to hold as you are pulling straight. Clean up the prop hub and you are back in business.
          Larry Mac

Comment

Working...
          X