Sidewinder info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewinder info

I just saw this while surfing the web under Yamato.

Hirahido Yamato, president of Yamato motors has announced an exciting
    new venture with Racing Outboards LLC. Mr Yamato quotes. " We are very excited to have purchased the rights to Sidwinder outboards. This will allow us to cease production of our Y302 model and begin to introduce the Sidwinder motor to all of our stadium racing venues. The Sidewinder with its' advanced design allows us to retire the currently aging Y302 design."

Financial details have not been disclosed but according to sources, both sides are happy. It is also been reported that Ed Runne will be retained as chief engineer of the program but will have to move to Osaka, Japan.

Tim
    Tim Weber

So, to cease production of the 302 would mean thats the last of the low cost engines?
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

I heard that with all assets and future sales potential the selling price was in the area of 1.5 million.
      "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

surfing where' yamatoaprilfool.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post

new venture with Racing Outboards LLC. Mr Yamato quotes. " We are very excited to have purchased the rights to Sidwinder outboards. This will allow us to cease production of our Y302 model and begin to introduce the Sidwinder motor to all of our stadium racing venues. The Sidewinder with its' advanced design allows us to retire the currently aging Y302 design."

Financial details have not been disclosed but according to sources, both sides are happy. It is also been reported that Ed Runne will be retained as chief engineer of the program but will have to move to Osaka, Japan.

Tim
          Good one
          Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Good effort for April 1st

Originally posted by Tim Weber View Post

Tim
            Not bad for an April Fool's joke, but the best one I can remember is when it was announced that Guns n Roses was going to sponsor an unlimited.

R-19
            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Best post since Dana sold his DSH rig!

Comment

Also anounced ....Mr Runnie will be paid the average labor rate in Japan/China/India .......and the price will be cut in half...........
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Ahh come on guys this is just a cruel April fools joke (i hope) I am just starting my first year of racing with a Mark 20H and was going to get a 302 for next year so I could race in some different classes but not with sidewinder prices. Maybe I'll go with "Fast Freddies" idea of a Merc 200 instead. But on the other hand French's got a point So cost should be reduced by half or more. Good one Steve that brought a smile back as I was reading down the post.

Comment

How about a 25SS ....can run A-MOD and 25MOD....powerhead is stock.......add water cool'd Parker pipe......$1300 (1/4 cost of a Side winder?) Offer?

100N
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE FRENCH View Post
                      How about a 25SS ....can run A-MOD and 25MOD....powerhead is stock.......add water cool'd Parker pipe......$1300 (1/4 cost of a Side winder?) Offer?

100N
                      Are you going to be at the Franklin race or the work party? We may have something very serious to discuss.

Although.....I'll have to discuss this with my Pit Boss Charlie Fry. He will be there also. He's got that 20H running sweet. We just had it out at the Allegheny River in Oleopolis, PA.
                      Last edited by Mike45; 04-04-2010, 06:17 AM.

Comment

How about a 25SS powerhead/tower (no foot unless I build one fer'ya...) ....can run A-MOD and 25MOD....powerhead is stock.......add water cool'd Parker pipe......$850? (1/6 cost of a Side winder?) Ran many a race deck-ta-deck with Brian Williams....was top 5 National high points (3rd?) APBA motor 25MOD >>>>>2002......Offer?

E-bay bound tonight.

100N
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I'm going to have to pass this time. As good as a deal as it sounds I've already spent enough. Gotta keep the peace so I can continue doing what I enjoy. Still hope to meet ya this spring...heard alot about ya from Charlie.

Mike Stevenson

Comment

Sidewinder info...

I just now tuned into this thread.

It's TRUE!
                            I found the press conference video of the Yamato/Sidewinder merger:
                            http://www.kyoteijapanracing/info.com

Sorry This info is late.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike45 View Post
                              I'm going to have to pass this time. As good as a deal as it sounds I've already spent enough. Gotta keep the peace so I can continue doing what I enjoy. Still hope to meet ya this spring...heard alot about ya from Charlie.

Mike Stevenson
                              Mike, adjusted price.........less gearfoot........P/M if interested.....pipe optional.

100N

Comment

Working...
                              X