hauling a runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hauling a runabout

this may be a stupid question, but I have to haul my runabout on the roof of my trailer, can a runaout be put on the bunks upside down?? and what are the pros/cons of doing this??
    Jeff

Why would you want it upside down?
    Future J dad!

Comment

Well for 1 since it is on the roof the inside wouldnt fill up with water driving down the road if its raining, the other when it sits between races it wouldnt fill up with water when the tarp blows off like it has before
      Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
        Why would you want it upside down?
        Decks are not made for load bearing strength as opposed to bottoms. The only way I see you possibly transporting a runabout up side down would be to support it at the transom and at the outboard edges of the deck preferably where there's a bulkhead. That said it seems pretty risky to me.....just my 2 cents.

Sam,

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
          Well for 1 since it is on the roof the inside wouldnt fill up with water driving down the road if its raining, the other when it sits between races it wouldnt fill up with water when the tarp blows off like it has before
          Why not have a custom boat cover (or at least cockpit cover) made and then haul it rightside up? You see pleasure boats with full covers on them going up and down the road all the time, it shouldn't be that hard to find someone to make you something.

Just an idea.
          Brian 10s

Comment

If the runabout has drain holes, leave the plugs out and the water will run out on the highway. Park the trailer with the front up and the water will naturally run out when it rains.

Comment

Sorry, but I have to ask,
              Why would the trailergod need to put the boat on the roof?
              Twisted Sister

Comment

1 to many boats and I am to cheap and broke to build a bigger trailer
                Jeff

Comment

but to just let everyone know I have had 5 boats on this trailer and 3 in my pickup all at thet same time, kinda looked like the Clampets going down the road, got em all home safe though
                  Jeff

Comment

more boats

Heck I don't think that is a record, I've seen John and Ryan Runne with at least 10 boats on their trailer! and they weren't drinking pepsi!

Comment

OK, so you're the Trailer King, or the Trailer Duke or even the Trailer Court Jester... but the Trailergod? LOL. I'm just kidding... Glad it worked out for you.
                      Twisted Sister

Comment

A long time ago I hauled an Alky DeSilva runabout upside down on a trailer, I think for a couple of years, and had no problems; the bottom stayed straight.

Comment

Working...
                        X