X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Cert Safety Gear - thickness of Runabout

Hey Everyone,
    Looking for some clear rules...
    I saw in the meetings it was passed that the re-cert was dumped from SO. It was to go to the board for 2010 implication. I haven't noticed anywhere where this was approved or not yet.
    March Propeller says Re-Certs are back for 2011. Do we need to get stuff done for this season?

Also the thickness of the Runabout nose 1/2" - is this still effective or has it been dropped, i didn't see anything in Propeller for this and just wanted to know...Based on the the 1/2" rule i don't think the racecraft is even legal, but i guess that is going to be an opinion to be decided later as they are round and where does the boat need to be 1/2" thick?

Cheers
    ----
    Graham18ce
    Team Canada ThunderCat
    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
    Twitter @FralickRacing
    Instagram @FralickRacing

Hey All,
    Still looking for a solid answer. I received emails and PM's last time this was posted and was told the tickness of runabouts and re-cert were dropped for 2010.

most recent update to the rule book was Mar 31 and they are still listing the thickness for the runabout.
    On a technical note this would make even a Racecraft not usable in Stock. I'm sure this wouldn't be enforced as many would be beached, but is this going to be updated prior to the End of Apr as we are heading into race season by the end of May, earlier at some places.
    Was this enforced or even talked about in Florida?

22. Rules 3.20 and 3.21 do not apply to hulls that conform to runabout specifications, conventional round-nose hydroplane hulls without
    pickleforks or cockpit noses that extend forward of the body of the hull, or tunnel hulls that conform to OPC specifications for collapsible sponson
    noses. Such Stock Outboard hulls are exempt from the radius part of this rule but must still meet the 1/2’’ thickness requirement.
    ----
    Graham18ce
    Team Canada ThunderCat
    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
    Twitter @FralickRacing
    Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Working...
    X