tohatsu outof d-mod??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tohatsu outof d-mod??

was wondering the thinking behind the commisioners voteing it out of d-mod??? since the moters we use in d-mod are soooo very old why not allow them ,,at least something we can get off the shelf parts for,,,jeeze,,,, havent seen a tohatsu be able to run hi 80mph -90mph,,, what the ha???? no wonder boatraceing dieing,,,,,,hec how many motors alowed in j ?????...

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
    was wondering the thinking behind the commisioners voteing it out of d-mod??? since the moters we use in d-mod are soooo very old why not allow them ,,at least something we can get off the shelf parts for,,,jeeze,,,, havent seen a tohatsu be able to run hi 80mph -90mph,,, what the ha???? no wonder boatraceing dieing,,,,,,hec how many motors alowed in j ?????...
    Cheney, I just made a long post on this subject..........ck it out and let me know what you think.......thanks!!

hell, I ran my STOCK Tohatsu with your guys Dmods and FE's at the AOF Nats and had a great time..............didn't quite show high 80's........more like LOW 80's (was still beat by Dale Bartley's 40mod)!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mercguy; 02-05-2010, 04:57 PM.
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

i think some self interest killed it,,,hec when i ran d-mod always about 90mph,,, yaaa it hink more motors in the class the better,,,hec come race the tohatsu in se/850/form-e class we will give you guys a head start,,, it all fun,,

Comment

i think some self interest killed it,,,hec when i ran d-mod always about 90mph,,, yaaa it hink more motors in the class the better,,,hec come race the tohatsu in se/850/form-e class we will give you guys a head start,,, it all fun,,

hell, I had a head start when I raced with you guys in FE.......was all fine and dandy till I got passed in the first turn!!! ****, I nailed the start, was in lane 1, first to reach the entrance pin and you guys just blasted by me!!!!!! How about you guys running 4 laps and me 3???
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

What, Mod worry?

Guess they didn't get that memo about "Removing the barriers of entry."

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

think ya might need abigger boat to survive our titanic size wakes... heheheeh ime in fav of 4 vers 3 laps,,,heheheh

Comment

think ya might need abigger boat to survive our titanic size wakes... heheheeh ime in fav of 4 vers 3 laps,,,heheheh

might have to put my Tohatsu on my Darneille FE boat!
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                Guess they didn't get that memo about "Removing the barriers of entry."

R-19
                parently not..........
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Tohatsu vs merc

some people must have some slow mercs to be that scared of a stock tohatsu

Comment

Just a Guess

I am guessing as I was not at the meeting, that they elected to not mess with the largest class they have. Kinda like tossing out the 102 and 302 from CSH and putting a sidewinder in its place. If you mess with CSH someone is gonna have your head.

I have yet to see a Tohotsu race in DMH in APBA except at Nat's. Since the majority of racers reside in the midwest they might not have had much to go on in terms of seeing it. Or it could be a lot of stock folks are on the comission now and they are adapting the stock rules over to Mod, I dunno.

Personally I would like to see it in it's own class, like DMH as it was years ago. 40CI Mercs and the Tohotsu. I know a few 40CI mercs would come out and play with that one. And it would give the new engines a place where they can be competitive.

But meetings are done.
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

dave ,,, i do agree with you,,, but seems up here the merc guys dont have enough to field a race with out the import motor,,heheh,,,, no one wants to see 2 or 3 boats going arund in circles,,, if a guy wants to STEP UP into d-mod,,, and test or race why not,,,, good d mod will beet a stock import motor,,,, and the couple d-mods also gets to race and put on a better show,,,, or heck just put limits on the import motor as other classes,,, if they afraid of getting beat???? and for the guy who e-mailed me and wanted to use some bad words at me,,, daa,,, and yes i am raceing d stock and d-mod this year,,, with a merc and my omc form-e,,, soo who spending money ?? ,,,cheyney

Comment

The word I heard was that someone was supposed to provide some data to the commish for the last 2 or 3 years. as no data was forth comming they voted to pull the motor for lack of data.
                        Gene Schertz 26V
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Cranked up and ready to Roll
                        Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Originally posted by garland powell View Post
                          some people must have some slow mercs to be that scared of a stock tohatsu
                          Ok, so I am the D-Mod that Darren's and the other region 10 Tohatsus have been tested against. I do not run anything special I only have three props and have only tried two. Just to get the information out there this is what I run... MK55 ported with a grinder, no balancing, old rings. Stock carbs, drilled jets and stock reeds. Mag. Bayer exhaust. Yamato C-stock gear case, 14/15 with a nose cone.
                          Well there ya go, that's what it takes to beat the Tohatsu... So now what are you afraid of ?
                          Let them run! There must be some way to E-mail and phone call this issue around and get this fixed for this season. With all the talk of declining entry's the Ds need a second class and it just might assure that the D-Mods always have a place to run... 50-R

Comment

Originally posted by 26V View Post
                            The word I heard was that someone was supposed to provide some data to the commish for the last 2 or 3 years. as no data was forth comming they voted to pull the motor for lack of data.
                            that is COMPLETELY false!! Howard Shaw also had that data in 08 and 09 at both MORC National Meetings
                            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X