Live From Seattle - APBA Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
    Uh, isn't it already 1 & 3/8"? Do you mean 1 & 3/4"?
    I was thinking the same thing
    Retired racer turned bartender

Comment

What time does the meeting start today?
      BOPP

Comment

Just in via phone. Internet appears to be limited so if you want to know some thing call Warby 1-262-424-3604 before happy hour.
        "J" items that passed the "J" committee and will be sent to the executive board for approval for this year:
        Weight goes to 300 lbs.(if this happens all "J" records will need to be blank)

Prop shaft depth to 1 3/4", (if this happens all "J" records will need to be blank)
        Add tuck rule
        Csink 3 holes in reed plate cover
        No word on the 25 height. Joe Z was never asked to sign or see the petition.
        I'm not infavor of it.

Comment

Meeting started at about 9:15 and we will finsh all the other classes today. Stay tuned. Mikey
          mike ross

Comment

Hot off floor!!!! The A Sidewinder was approved with a parity committee. Waiting to see if we can push it to be legal for this year. In any event it is going to legal for the 2011 season for sure, YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Mikey
            mike ross

Comment

Sw "a"

That's some good news. Hopefully it will be legal for this year. If not, at least we can now tell the new people coming into the sport that it's the engine of the future in the A & 15 classes.

Disclaimer - I race C......i have no interests (apparent or underlying) in the A class.
              Shawn Breisacher

Comment

keep it coming..... I'm interested to hear about any BSH (20SSH) and the 20 sindwinder news
                Sean Byrne

Comment

Ok here we go. The Sidewinder is having great success. Its approved in both the B class and the 25 class. Check out the Agenda posted hear. I also forgot to inform you. Our changes to class names has reverted back to what we had in 2009. There is no 15ss or 15ssh. Back to A, B, 25ss, 20ss. This should be less confusing. Lunch break will be back with more updates after today. Its looking like we may finish today. Ed Hearn is running it just like a Judge Judy court room. Mikey
                  Last edited by mike ross; 01-29-2010, 01:17 PM.
                  mike ross

Comment

opps forgot to post the Agenda for all you interested racers. Mikey
                    Attached Files
                    mike ross

Comment

ok I know you 20ss drivers are waiting to see what the vote was on height. Well it didn't change. We got through everything today. We are going to meet tommorrow to review and double check before we leave seattle. If you think we missed anything shoot it up here on Hydroracer and we can see if it needs to be addressed. Thanks everyone for your help getting all the info to me. Mikey
                      Attached Files
                      mike ross

Comment

where's is everybody going tonight .... if the wife turns me loose ... who knows?
                        BOPP

Comment

Any changed to the A class omc 15's motors??

Comment

All good Stuff

Now it is up to the membership, all of us who race to point new members toward the new motors ..... not the slow unsed up motors you have in your trailer.

Great News!

Please take a look at the Parity Committee rule

1) The SORC has established a Parity Committee for each of the classes listed below. The members of the Parity Committee shall be appointed by the SO Chairman and their term shall end on October 31st following their appointment. All decisions with regard to the
                            technical rules for these classes shall be made by the Parity Committee for the respective class and shall not require approval of the SORC
                            for implementation.
                            Any rule change approved by a SO parity committee shall become effective thirty (30) days following publication in
                            2010 APBA RULES • Modified Outboard, PRO and Stock Outboard • 21
                            Propeller Magazine or on the APBA website.
                            2) The SORC has established the following standing parity committees:
                            a) D Class Parity Committee

I understand that the language is to make quick changes during the racing season, but for now and for future Chairman this is too much influence for any class or for our category.

Scott
                            Last edited by reed28n; 01-29-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 371-M
                              So just because ONE prop, ONE boat, One weather condition worked ONE day means that ALL 25 guy's stuff will work any other day with that set-up?

I don't know, seem's to me that their may be a personal agenda at the works here??

But this thread is really not about the debate of 25 class, I just asked mike if they did anything after I read the day's minutes. And since after reading said minutes, I saw where it was stated that 16 -25 guy's signed up for lowering height of 25xs, I thought that I would toss my opnion in the mix as I still run 25xs once in a while.

sorry for going off topic
                              I run (ran) 1/2" all the time, all water conditions, all course sizes, fastest qualifier and 3rd overall in 1992 at Wakefield. All my props were about the same on my boat concerning prop shaft height, short or long course props, but I run a big 25 boat.

Not trying to start anything here, just FYI that you don't have to run a small 25 boat with it jacked to the limit, zero, to go fast.

No one talked to me about the height issue either.

Comment

What happens

The minutes from the meeting can never show all that is said and how an idea takes off in a commission meeting. All the debating, the comments from the gallery.....you cannot understand how an issue gets momentum unless you attend one of these meetings. Things go from a simple yes or no vote to a justification of a compromise which turns out to be a yes with some condition in a hurry.

The 25 height could have been introduced from the floor and it get legs.......

The same thing happened in the BSH class in 2008 and the Kevlar in 2009

Then everyone leaves the meeting to hear the opinions of all the members after the votes and they more often then not develop some memory loss. When challenged by someone about their vote they change their mind or point to someone else.

I noticed this year there were no roll call votes recorded.....curious....

Comment

Working...
                                X