Boat Identification Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Identification Please!

Can anyone identify the builder, owner, and Pro hydro class raced at DePue Nationals by boat number N82?
    Untethered from reality!

Neal:

I assume you received the CD of Teri's pictures I mailed to you. N-82 is Mitch Meyers, and I believe he built the boat himself.

Joe

Comment

Boat ID

Mitch Meyer's boat, built by Mitch from designs by Denny Henderson (I believe).
      David Weaver

Comment

Mitch

Denny asisted, but the design was, for the most part, Mitch Meyers and it has many composite parts within. Superior craftsman!

Comment

Who can help identify the boat builder(s), year built for the 125 hydros driven/owned by Rajesh Ganpat ... G9, and Dan Marcquenski ... V24.

These are pictured on page 27 of the September Propeller magazine. Anyone know if either of these gentlemen are members of this forum?
          Untethered from reality!

Comment

The two boats that you are asking about are Giles boats. My V-24 is a 2001 and was originally owned by the Brinkmans/ VanSteenwyk's, and The G-9 boat was owned originally by Bruce Summers.

Hope this helps,

Dan Marcquenski

Comment

Thanks Dan. So both boats were most likely built for other than 125 hydro ... can you give me any more information about these (or at least your boat) boats in terms of how well suited you feel they were for 125. Is Giles still building boats?

Thanks again.
              Untethered from reality!

Comment

Bill is a hydroracer.net member as .... Bill Giles ! You can email him yourself and ask, but I'm pretty sure he is building boats.

Comment

Both those 125 boats were built for the class by me. any further questions, feel free to write to me. Glad they are still going well!
                  Bill Giles
                  racer giles

Comment

Dr. Thunder,

My Giles boat is a very stable very controllable boat. This is my first year back to Pro racing after a 25 year layoff. Unfortunately for me, I've only had one race in the boat. Due to a herniated disc in my neck, I had to turn the boat over to my 17 year old. He had never driven a hydro before, but I felt the boat was safe enough for him to jump in. We're still learning how to keep the 125 motor together for more than a heat or 2. Mostly brackets cracking due to vibration. For a budget team, I feel that we are very close to a good competative rig. Our boat has no bad characteristics. It flies really nice in calm water, and also handles the rough stuff well. Tim Brinkman's 125 World championship boat was almost a direct copy of this one with kevlar re-enforced sides.

Bill built a very nice boat that we were lucky enough to end up with.

Dan

Comment

Bill Giles ...

Bill Giles ... if you read this message please email me at your convenience.

Thanks.

Neal Baum
                      Dr.Thunder@verizon.net
                      Untethered from reality!

Comment

Working...
                      X