Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/B hydro and runabout / new or vintage plans or info wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/B hydro and runabout / new or vintage plans or info wanted.

Hello Everyone. I was wondering if anoyone here could point me in the right direction to find plans for several boats.

I've been a long time O/B hydro and runnabout racing fan as well as a avid R/C boat builder. I'm currently Redrawing the full scale Sorensen C-Hydro in AotoCad to scale it down to 1/2 or 1/3 scale to make a R/C hydro. I'll post renderings and photos here if anyone is interested.

I thought it would be cool to start building a collection of scaled down C-D or J ish class O/B hydros and runnabouts in both modern and vintage styles. I'd possibly kit some of these if anyone is interested.

I have seen many different designs in photos online but am having difficulties finding plans for many of them.

So far I have found plans for the Sorensen line of boats and Fralick boats plans. I'm not to sure where to find any others. I'd also like to find some older vintage plans like the O/B shovel nose hydros and the small O/B utility boats I have only seen photos of.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of whats avalible and where to get it , it would be very helpful. Also if anyone can lend me plans for me to have scanned, or if anyone has anything electronically that would be a big help too.

I'll check back often.

Thanks, Mike

For vintage outboard shovel nose look for Clark Craft, Hal Kelly and as a last choice, Glen-L

Comment

Hal Kelly Jupiter

I have an original set of Hal Kelly Jupiter plans, and I'd be happy to send them to you if you will send them back.
      Attached Files

Comment

Free Boat Plans at Svensons

Try www.svensons.com free boat plans.

They have lots of the old Popular Science and Mechanix free boat plans that you can down load.

Good Luck.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Hello Mike,

I've got plans available for a 1/4 Semi Scale D Stock outboard Hydro. Check out my site at www.blackwellracingboats.com It's not exact scale because they don't like to stay on the water without some minor changes.

I'm also putting together some full scale AutoCAD plans together.

Another place to get modern outboard hydro plans is www.mjrcomposites.com

What r/c engine size do you have in mind?

BRB

Comment

Awesome looking boat. I'll order a set of the plans in the morning. A 3.5 could be alot of fun to play with too.

I'm planing on building some slightly larger versions that will utilize 1 of 2 custom outboards I'm currently working on. I'm in the process of building some pretty scale looking outboards that will be using a Zenoah G260 for a powerhead, and the other will be using ZDZ 100cc inline twin with a custom water cooled head. Both are basicalt the powerhead with a clutch mounted on a Custom cast aluminum lower end that has a bevel gears setup in them.

Thanks for the info, Mike

Comment

Working...
            X