ASH/ASR Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASH/ASR Poll

Just a question, not a thread for debate. I don't need to know if it is safe or not, there is another thread for that.

Please, only A Stock drivers opinions.

Are you in favor of the height restrictions in APBA ?

Would you prefer no height restrictions ?
    Yes
    70.83%
    No
    6.25%
    Yes Height Only - No tuck measurment
    20.83%
    Yes Tuck Only - No height measurment
    2.08%

The poll is expired.

Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

In Favor

I drove A this year, still in favor. Its working especially with the young kids.

Old Fart!

Warbs
    64*W

Comment

poll?

Hi Dave,

just curious, why the poll now? we have been running with a 1 3/8" height restriction since 1986 in ASR and ASH. and we have been running with a tuck rule in ASH for a few years now. Both classes seem fine to me.

Bill
      Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Height restrictions

I think Dave posed the question because I posed the question to him about the height and tuck rules for A-stock. We are thinking of proposing the class at the NBRA national meeting and I asked him the question about height. In NBRA we have no height restricions in any class and was wondering if we needed it for this class. I know the reasons for the rule and am not trying to start a debate, just fishing for some info.
        Keith Kampen

Comment

No doubt, if you know the reasons for the rule then you know it's needed. Better safe than wet.

Comment

What!!! NO height restrictions?

No height restrictions? Imagine that? Do you have any "entry level" classes in NBRA? How about parity committees? Do you guys have a rule book? How do I get one?

Debates? Naw.... we surely don't want to have one of those. I think I'm going to have a debate right here and now. Let's see.... is it gonna be Sangria or Jose' Cuervo?

SANGRIA it is!!

Comment

Entry Level

Originally posted by ram95 View Post
              No height restrictions? Imagine that? Do you have any "entry level" classes in NBRA? How about parity committees? Do you guys have a rule book? How do I get one?

Debates? Naw.... we surely don't want to have one of those. I think I'm going to have a debate right here and now. Let's see.... is it gonna be Sangria or Jose' Cuervo?

SANGRIA it is!!
              As I said in the poll, I am simply asking for the DRIVERS of the A Stock class their opinions on if they want it or not, simple as that. NBRA is about the drivers and they try very hard to ensure everyone has a place to race, and with that they tend to listen to the drivers and set rules according to majority. If you want a rule book, please see one of my other posts about offering the rule book to anyone who wants a copy. Or you could simply join the NBRA organization and recieve it in the mail. Simple as that my friend. No need for a debate.

Keith is right, I am simply trying to stick with the majority. If you like the height restrictions by popular vote of the DRIVERS then they will be proposed along with the class. Just trying to be accomodating to anyone who wants to come have some fun, and not ruin it with your politics.

Entry Level class is called Novice. Perhaps you seen it ran at the APBA winter Nationals in Alexandria LA when APBA invited the NBRA to race as sort of a joint sanction for that particular race. Do some research on the threads, you will find many supportive responses from the drivers present at that race.

Thanks.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Boomtap15F View Post
                No doubt, if you know the reasons for the rule then you know it's needed. Better safe than wet.
                I understand where you are coming from. yet the comment" better safe than wet" REALLY irks me. and that is NOT because i do not want to be safe.
                But if you take that comment to its conclusion there will BE NO BOATRACING.
                I am all for minimizing risk to a point. but if the only thing I cared about was staying safe as possible. I would then race push boats around the bathtub. And hope that i don't throw my back out bending over the tub.
                I do not like seeing people get hurt either. I am one of those people that DO NOT LIKE watching crashes be they nascar or boat races, for that very reason. ok i vented and feel better
                Have a great day boomtap
                and everyone else

"The Coffee Guy"
                TEAM CAFFEINE
                Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Kev43V,
                  The better safe than wet comment was in reference to the ASH's tendency with a severe kickin to grab air and tail walk making them highly unstable. This is only in reference to kick in which i should've probably stated and for the boats sam hemp builds. While the kick in was "squirly" at best the boat produced speeds at the likes which i've never seen in ASH. Bottom line, good rule.

As far as the push boats... lol
                  You should see me race.

P.S. This has been my experience with the hemps, all good btw. If my facts are a little rough around the edges please enlighten me.
                  Last edited by Boomtap15F; 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM. Reason: factual?

Comment

I just thought it was a bit interesting that NBRA doesn't have a height restriction. If I wasn't so busy shrinkwrapping peoples boats and pickling them for the winter, I'd consider joining NBRA just so's I could attend their banquet..... and maybe win some cash or other goodies. And... get one o them NBRA rulebooks to read during a disposable moment.

Sounds like a great banquet to me, wish it was closer!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomtap15F View Post
                      Kev43V,
                      The better safe than wet comment was in reference to the ASH's tendency with a severe kickin to grab air and tail walk making them highly unstable. This is only in reference to kick in which i should've probably stated and for the boats sam hemp builds. While the kick in was "squirly" at best the boat produced speeds at the likes which i've never seen in ASH. Bottom line, good rule.

As far as the push boats... lol
                      You should see me race.

P.S. This has been my experience with the hemps, all good btw. If my facts are a little rough around the edges please enlighten me.
                      No problem. I hope you did not take offense to my venting.
                      how ironic isn't it. The hemp I used to run LIKED alot of tuck. it was more stable besides being faster (with the limited prop selection we have) but that is water under the bridge now.
                      Keith and Art maybe you should make it deeper yet to be safer
                      hey if you make the depth 2 inches I think we have a wheel that is perfect LOL

"The Coffee Guy"
                      TEAM CAFFEINE
                      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Tuck

The tuck rule is moot with the new Sidewinder. They love to run high and level (or close to it). Fast fun ride without goofy transoms and setups. Everyone should try one, you'll be hooked.
                        Dan Wilde
                        58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

Heard you were Real Fast at Minden.
                          bill b

Comment

Pretty Quick

Don't want to say exactly what the GPS read, but it was impressive for the small choppy coarse we had.That Sidewinder went on the Sorensen floater for the first time and rode like a dream. The package made it easy to drive yet playful, and the ride was the best I've felt in years. Again, I highly recomend everyone try one.
                            Dan Wilde
                            58-C

"Don't let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart." Chuck D

Comment

just a thought

Originally posted by kampenracing View Post
                              I think Dave posed the question because I posed the question to him about the height and tuck rules for A-stock. We are thinking of proposing the class at the NBRA national meeting and I asked him the question about height. In NBRA we have no height restricions in any class and was wondering if we needed it for this class. I know the reasons for the rule and am not trying to start a debate, just fishing for some info.
                              Keith,

just a thought here. if NBRA is considering adding this class I would suspect that you stand a good chance to get some APBA drivers to participate. I would make it easy on them and keep the same rules that they are currently racing under. This should give more drivers an incentive to race with you as they will not have to make any drastic changes in order to be competitive. Otherwise knowing that a guy would have to start testing his ASR/ ASH WITHOUT tuck or height restrictions and go out and find some new props to run with these set ups would most likely discourage someone from participating.

Bill
                              Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
                              X