No announcement yet.

photos/plans for hauling in a pickup bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dennis, I would screw a block to the under side of the cross beams so the cradle does not slide to either side and then use the tie down of the boat to hold the cradle. You could also place a similar block at the rear of the stringers at the tail gate to keep the cradle from sliding aft during acceleration. Remember to take measures to keep the transom from going through the back window on the pickup when stopping abruptly. Be sure to tie the boat to the vehicle NOT the cradle. Jack

Comment

Here are a few.
      Attached Files

Comment

p.s. so who had to give up there camp trailer for the 20ft. boat trailer. LOL[/QUOTE]

That would be our daughter. They have been using our truck this year but we are reclaiming it for the boat trailer. I spend two days loading and unloading before and after every race but no more. Too old for that!
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

I like a canopy with the boat on top. Security for your stuff, and someplace to sleep.

Comment

Thanks for all the good advice and great pics. Some good ideas here.
            "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Working...
            X