Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Franklin Results?

Wondering what's happening in PA today.

Thank You Trora!!!!...franklin-two Mile Park>>>>joel!!!

Weather was challenge'n but the race'n was amazing!!!
    Brian Williams cracked the whip and Jerry/Jon Brewster kept the event moving.

Mike Theirfelder holds off Tom Sutherland in second heet of AMH Sunday!!!.....Mike fit'd a set of alky pipes he bought at Lock Haven and the rig rock'd once dialed in!

58S's 20H commode sqeezes out.... piped Hot-Rod in AMR......
    Their (58S)...20H/MOD runs strong in BMR!!!!......
    Jeff Williams is get'n it together BMR....

"The infamous" .......Charlie Fry completes two days of race'n AMH!!!!!....."Better than I deserve"
    PS...."Fun Run" Nov 14-15th...Oil City boat ramp..........."Luv Ya"

Robb Race'ns FEH is aw-sume.....Motor is a piece of art-work!......MEAN-RED!!!

Controversy in 20SSH.....

Dudley Malone wins "Biscuit eat'n challenge"......any pics Doc?

DMH 7(?) rigs and raced hard.
    Palmquist smoke'd but had challengers.........
    Brian Thorpe ran hard in second heet DMH Sunday........
    How many RPM's does that 16M turn Mark?........WOW!!

Doc Miller+"SOONER race'n" ......crew rocks BMR..BMH?...25MOD (Steve Wheeler on his outside chine).
    Gougar woman (boots ) spotted in "Sooner" pits!

Joe Pater swims in BMH..........Bob Saxs spins to avoid him

Tom Inon tickles the "Nitrous bottle" in CMR!!!

Palmquists Rocks CMH......but had a few on his inside chine.....(their catch'n up Brian )

Saxs puts on air-show........Very COOL!!!! ....Would be cool to have a helmet cam on that radio control (air boat) plane!

Joel and "Rags" rock the pavilion with bon-fire and "Woodstock" big screen videos and helmet cam boat race videos.....

Down poor flushes-out second lap of CSH Sunday then 10 minutes later.....Sunshine!........GREEEEN FLAAAAG!

Results.....Pics?........stories?

Hats off and stand'n ovation to those in turn/rescue boats and judges stand........."Wet+DRIPPIE"!

All Races completed early....GOOD TIME for those that showed!!!!!...THANKS AGAIN TRORA!!!!

Apologies I wasn't much help with after race clean-up.....All I could do to git my butt out'a the turn boat and up da hill ta pound 1200mg of Ibuprophin...

100N
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 10-03-2009, 02:16 AM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

How far would you go for points.

Steve French left out one of the most unusual events from Sunday. Joe Pater needed points for CSR. I had motor trouble and couldn't plane out in the first heat. Guessing at what went wrong before the second heat and trying to fix it didn't work. Joe needed four boats to get the points. I was the fourth boat. Joe needed the points. I needed to get on plane. I'm leaning forward on the boat and it just can't get over the hump to plane out. Next thing I know Joe, is chine to chine with me and he reaches over grabs onto my deck and starts to give me an extra pull. The rest is history. I got on plane and Joe got his points. It turned that out my timing moved to a retarded mode. Thanks for the tow Joe. I'm sorry I don't have triple A

The weekend weather wasn't the greatest. But we still had a great time. Thanks to my fellow club members for putting on the race and to the racers who came. Oh yeah, and thanks to the reigning sportsman of the year, Earl.

Rick Sr.
      Last edited by Wagneracing06; 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rick & everyone I had a super weekend. My back was just too sore to brave racing on Sunday with being cold & wet most of Sat. It worked out got home for dinner & a nice ham my awesome wife cooked. Special Thanks to Brian Williams for the 20ssh ride & Bugs/Sonny for dragging me to dinner Sat.
        See you all next season, if all goes well!
        Earl 11J
        Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Franklin

Just a few pics from the weekend.
          Attached Files
          Jeff
          5-P

Comment

Franklin was warmer than we had thought it would be. I fell with wadders in the water and had to regroup, our crew pick it up while I dryed off. Well it's over for us, after twenty thousand miles; no one has scored more points from so far away. The truck drivers was accepting us as one of their own. Rick Miller drove in one hundred and forty heats and only jumped three times. Hey, you can get wet driveing from the back. So for Franklin he bought a water proof suit and he stayed dry waist up. Our Southern motors hated the cool air and water, almost failing to get off the bank. Our OMC's 22in. motors ran 90 heats, we didn't finish a few, notabley the first heat of 'B' hydro at the nationals. Burned a bottom piston when the seal failed around the crank, very rare. But the rare occurs when you least expected it. We had a great summer and we want to thank all of you who helped us along the way. Joe Pater and George Young who took Braxton and I in doing the weeks we were out. Mark Tate, who gave us tips when we were green between the ears, Tom and Colin Smith who we shared some great breakfests with and George Stillwell who built our motors and rebuilt our motor when we treated them badly.
            Thank all of you sold the races, worked on them so we could race, because without you we would not be able enjoy our grand sport. Lastly I want to thank Rick Miller for sponsoring Braxton, who ran one hundred heats and learned alot about sportmanship and learning to we win and lose. See you all next year. Doc Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5P View Post
              Just a few pics from the weekend.
              Is photo number two a picture of the Mod Chairman in a boat with illegal numbers???

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself). Eddie.
              14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Big thanks

Thank you region 6 for putting on a great race I enjoyed meeting and talking all the people. And a big thanks to Joe Silvestri and Jeff 5-p for taking time out of your busy day to answer my questions. I am putting Franklin on my must go list and hopefully some of your other some of your other races.
                PJ
                118-P
                If your not fast, your food
                TEAM TOWER
                RUNABOUT DIVISION
                Suck it up buddy its only three laps (John Runne)

Comment

I thought you got a little slack for the first race in a new boat??? Besides it's 33 days and counting....

Anyhow, here's a couple more pics of notable people in attendance.
                  Attached Files
                  Jeff
                  5-P

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                    ............. I fell with wadders in the water and had to regroup, our crew pick it up while I dryed off. ............... Doc Miller
                    How many gallons do those wadders (speel check!) hold...............?
                    Quite the "two-step" Doc!...
                    Archie Lewis did the same dance+dunk start'n our 25MOD for Alan!

Hey Brian Thorpe....Let's go "noodle'n"!...........(cat fish'n OK'ie style.)

Dudley Malone........ How much fer that 20 Hot-Rod?.........Pic?

100N
                    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 10-02-2009, 02:33 AM.
                    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

What engine is on the 48s boat in the first picture?
                      Bob

Comment

Hmmmmm

Good question.
                        Attached Files
                        Tom L.

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
                          What engine is on the 48s boat in the first picture?
                          20(H?) Merc.....and it had SMOKE!!!!...

100N

Comment

Results

This tread ask for results. Is there any yet?

Comment

Thanks to all

Thanks to everyone who braved the elements. We have already placed our order of sunshine and high temps for next year. TRORA thanks you all for making the effort and putting one great show. We hope to see everyone back in the Spring (and maybe a few more friends as well).

A full listing of results will be posted shortly - Super Scorer Shannon is already sending them to me and I will post as soon as I receive them.
                              Brian 10s

Comment

Working...
                              X