• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Big Rapids turn out?

Just wondering how the weekend went and who won,Thanks
    Bob

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
    Just wondering how the weekend went and who won,Thanks
    Great Weather, Great Racing, Great Friends and that Outlaw party was off the hook!!

Comment

Fabulous !

Comment

Worth the trip!

Got back to my apartment in DeKalb, Illinois at 3am this morning... 3 hour train trip with a 2 hour layover time in Chicago... couldn't think of a better reason to support public transit!
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

Thats great,Big Rapids was and is my favorite race of the summer.Glad it went good.
          Bob

Comment

Party ya say?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by D141MI View Post
              Party ya say?!?!?
              Wish you were there.......

Comment

One picture

I picked this picture to sum up Big Rapids 2009. Life is good people don't let anyone tell you different. The future of our sport is in good hands.
                Attached Files
                Tom L.

Comment

Big Rapids!

Nice pic Tom! I do think we are gonna be okay! What a fine bunch of J drivers we have in APBA. I've enjoyed watching the great competition in J hydro and runabout this racing season and have been impressed with how well our younger drivers handle themselves.
                  Big Rapids was as good as can be, missed the 20SSH, one of my favorites, but was impressed with the showing in ASR,ASH,CSR, etc. And...I had a blast in marathon, as expected!
                  I'll be working hard this off-season, trying to improve props, maybe build a few boats and looking to getting back on the water with the fine bunch of people who make summer fun. KampKurz

Comment

Could Not have asked for better weather,water, and most importantly all the Friends that were there...did miss seeing 20SSH run too...Great turn-out all and all...

Roger
                    Roger A 68M
                    Team Casual

Comment

smoken joe 53>M

csh
                      csr
                      csh nat champ an high points champ wrap it this weekend
                      Last edited by DwightMorin; 09-22-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Big Rapids was a Blast There could not have been a better site, weather or people at this inaugural event for us. My family and I are new to this sport and we can’t stop talking about this race and this summer in general. We spectated at the MHRA season opener at Augusta in mid June. We participated at Constantine as trainees under the MHRA Racer School and the ‘Never Ever Raced’ Programs using loner gear from Tracy Johnston/Troylen (Thank you again Tracy: I hope I spelled your names correctly) and again we had fun spectating at Grass Lake. We purchased a boat and motor in mid August from Tim Sidor and spent almost every evening since on the lake learning the equipment and how to run it. Big Rapids was our first opportunity to learn how to Race a boat: My son Ray is driving with me wrenching while in reality we each share maintenance duties. My wife and daughter support with a lending hand, encouragement much more.

We arrived at Big Rapids as green as they come with a new motor, boat and heart full of enthusiasm. We were not there a few hours when we immediately leaned what caliber of people we were sharing a campground and pit with when we experienced a problem on the water. Brian Troylen (hope I spelled it right Brian) came to our rescue and personally dove into the water to teach Ray how to ‘right’ his flipped boat (Thanks Again Brian!). The racers goodwill did not stop flowing when Ray’s bruised ego reached the shoreline with his boat and its newly modified windscreen. The help that flowed into our pit to dry that motor out and fix that windscreen was phenomenal. The help and support of people like Greg and Jake Alkema, Chris, Carl and Todd Armstrong, Tom and Adam Low and Brett Pruett to mention just a few are a shining example of that positive helpful nature that is rumored to exist in racer groups across the country. I stand as witness that this is the type of people I am proud to be associated with. To MHRA, its Officers and members and all that helped us to come out and play; Thank You! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Raymond

PS: A thought dawned on me as we were pulling into the campground/pits last Friday afternoon. It is rooted in the old V8 vegetable juice advertisement campaign from the late 1970’s and early 1980’s where the actor would bump themselves in the forehead with revelation saying “I could have had a V8”. My revelation was: I could have been boat racing
                        Last edited by Raymond; 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammer
                        Raymond

Have you or your team set up a social network page yet? Do your part to expose and promote the sport when you’re not racing and create a presence online today.

Comment

Just seen the pictures from the race and it looked like an awesome weekend.I love Brower park and it was my favorite race to go to.
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X