History Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Question

While assisting at the race in Roanoke Rapids someone informed me that there used to be a Marathon Race held on the Chowan River up from Edenton, NC.

I am trying to get some information on this and would appreciate any input that anyone may have. Bottom line is that Me, Myself and I are looking into this and may (MAY) eventually attempt to find a site, sponsors etc and then see if there may be some interest in this for the future. It seems that for a marathon race Michigan or New York are the only places. I think it would be a good thing to look into for the future.

Hit me with your best shots, and ideas!! Thank you in advance!! Bob K.

Marathon

I would be interested in going to NC, a long river race would be great, especially if the course is through some small towns.

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

If it was a "special event" marathon that included hydros & mods I'd be very interested

Comment

Boat trip . . .

You might want to take a spin up the Chowan during a fresh breeze and decide how much of it is raceable. Course if marathon guys like it rough, I'm sure the lower Chowan will comply.

A good run on the Pasquotank from South Mills to E-City would be cool. Could be a problem getting clearance to run Turners Cut.
        carpetbagger

Comment

I have sort of looked into the E-City to South Mills run and that would be Very Difficult to get due to it being the Intercostal Waterway. Patrol would be very very difficult as the CG Station only has one on duty boat crew and has to be available for SAR. There is not a problem with races at EC as they are very stationary.

I'm researching the possibility and also several areas, I am also just trying to see if there would be interest in this sort of event and the possibility of it catching on and growing like the Top O. Dreams are Good!!!

Comment

Working...
          X