Needing Some Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Some Help!!

I am teaching seventh grade at Sevierville Middle School in Sevierville, Tennessee this year and we have a class called Exploratories. This class is designed to give students opportunities to learn about things that they wouldn't normally be subjected to on a day to day basis or something they have no idea about at all. Well, I am going to educate them on the basis of hydroplane racing and get our sport opened up to the Tennessee world. However, I am in need of few things: any videos of races from Unlimiteds to Stock Outboard..anything..if you can make a copy that would be great...literature about particular classes...we will be visiting various club websites, so you may get some visitors on your guestbook..I greatly appreciate and if you could email me at hydro76k@hotmail.com and let me know I will owe ya a nice beverage at the next race!
    Thanks,
    Nate Bowers and Sevierville Middle School Seventh Grade
    Time to go fishing!

video

If you go to the US Title Series website, they have a promotional video you can view/download. Good luck with your endeavor. I think it's a great idea!
    Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for that link..It will be perfect.These kids have never seen hydroplanes or anything close! So, thanks again. Please if anybody has anything, let me know.
      Nate
      Time to go fishing!

Comment

What is stock outboard racing

Nate,

I have some extra programs that we handed out at the Millville, NJ spring race. I'm trying to build up the race, both for racers and fans. I made up a program/ ad book which has some info that you might find useful.
        It has: "What is stock outboard racing" a desription of and history of stock outboard racing, "Class Descriptions" has engines used, racing speeds, and photos of the classes. Along with that, there is the history of our club, Delaware Valley Outboard Racing Association and plenty of great photos.
        Just let me know where to send them, and how many you'll need. I'm more than happy to help promote our sport.
        Kevin 37-J

Comment

Great!

Kevin,
          Thanks for the info! Send as many as you can..I will have between 23-26 students for this class! It was one of the top requested classes in the school. I greatly appreciate it..Please send to:

Sevierville Middle School
          c/o Nate Bowers
          520 High Street
          Sevierville, Tennessee 37862
          Time to go fishing!

Comment

I shall Help

I have a bunch of old IOA handouts that explain what us nuts do. It has some pics in it as well. I am pretty sure I might have enough for you to hand out to each kid.

What are the next races you coming to ? I can bring them.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

In the past I have requested material from APBA for boat shows etc... and they have always sent lots of great material ex: Propellor Magazines etc.....

Give them a try I'm sure you will get some great stuff from the office

Comment

I have the 1998 and 2000 Nationals Highlight videos. can send but need back by end of race season/November. They get alot of play time during off season for my "Race Fix".
                Also look for 2004 tape to be out soon. Can send copy of order form that was passed out at nationals.

post/send address.

19P GOING FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"As a child Frankinstine never scared me....But Marsoupials DO!!!.....CAUSE THEIR FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!"
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Steve F. and Dave M.

Thank you guys for everything..I will ship back those vids asap Steve..The kids are going nuts for those boats down here..They absolutely love them..Anyway, please send to:
                  Sevierville Middle School
                  c/o Nate Bowers
                  520 High Street
                  Sevierville, Tennessee 37862

Thanks,
                  Nate
                  Time to go fishing!

Comment

Hi Nate,

When do you need these things? I didn't see a time frame for the class.

About 5 years ago,Ty Karney of Olympia, WA produced a very good hour long video titled "Racing on the Lake" on outboard racing that gives a nice overview and explains all the elements of a race from start to the finish. We use it to show new folks what we do and how, and we show it to councils etc. at new racing sites, to sell them on our using their water to race on.

A good part of the race activity was shot at Capitol Lake, Olympia, where Ty was able to shoot from a deck at altitude to show an elevated view of starts where you can see how drivers mill and jockey for position. The video describes different classes, and rules, and features J-racers and family connections. It really gives a thorough picture of an outboard event and concludes with a great endorsement from the Parks chief on the clubmembers leaving the park so clean that his crews had no work to do the following Monday.

If you're interested, and there's time, here's Ty's Contact information:

Ty Karney
                    413 Sawyer NE Olympia, WA 98306
                    H (360) 754-7402
                    E-Mail: tyvideo@aol.com

Or I can chase this for you if you'd like.

John 350hydro@eskimo.net
                    Geezer-PRO racing - R14/R68 We break things so you won't have to

Comment

Boat Race Stuff

Since your in Tenn. am surprised none have mentioned the name Pughe. [spellcheck] That name is boat racing as in small boats. Don't forget the evolution process.(before hydroplanes) runabouts,utility,service, things without wings. ??? how do get 12 yr olds int in things?
                      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Nate,
                        Did 98 Nationals video arrive ok?
                        How did it go with class?

19P
                        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Programs

How did the Millville spring program work for you? How's the class going? We can always use more kids (maybe their parents too) interested in boat racing.
                          Kevin 37-J

Comment

Awesome!!

The class is going great! The kids are going nuts! They love the videos and some are really interested in wanting to take a ride. I have had a few parents ask me about how to maybe get involved and one wanted to get a race down here on Douglass Lake! Very nice site....Anyway, I am taping them now and how do I get them back to ya'll in the mail? Steve: I can bring yours to the TRORA banquet...Kevin??? Thanks again guys..

Nate

"Drive it like ya stole it!"
                            Time to go fishing!

Comment

Nate,
                              If done with tape;
                              323 Worth St.
                              po box 0370
                              Corry,Pa. 16407

Comment

Working...
                              X