One race APBA temporary membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One race APBA temporary membership

Does anybody know what the temporary membership fee is for APBA to run at one race. We have looked everywhere in the rules and membership requirments and have given up. HELP
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

That is a good question i would like to know the answer to that too!
    William Haddock
    111-F

Comment

35 bucks it is called "single event membership" technically i think they still need to join a club. when I did that the first time. a commodore of a club gave me a membership card for 5 bucks (end of the year and my first race)
      the form "should" be with the registration packet the chief scorer has. they are all numbered so they are not downloadable or distributed other than to chief scorers.
      Last edited by Kev43V; 08-12-2009, 07:10 PM.

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

35$ a day I think???
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

club card.........

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
          35 bucks it is called "single event membership" technically i think they still need to join a club. when I did that the first time. a commodore of a club gave me a membership card for 5 bucks (end of the year and my first race)
          the form "should" be with the registration packet the chief scorer has. they are all numbered so they are not downloadable or distributed other than to chief scorers.
          bring your AOF member card, as AOF is recognized as an APBA "club", unless you wanna join SOA!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Daren, Mike is joining SOA before we come to Eatonville, we are pleased to support the local club. Just trying to figure out what to do with APBA since it is the only one of their sanctioned races that we will be attending this year. Hate to pay $155 for a new membership for one race. At $35 a day we would still be saving some money. - Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
              Daren, Mike is joining SOA before we come to Eatonville, we are pleased to support the local club. Just trying to figure out what to do with APBA since it is the only one of their sanctioned races that we will be attending this year. Hate to pay $155 for a new membership for one race. At $35 a day we would still be saving some money. - Teresa
              thats cool! Just join APBA for the weekend...........but Mike better get his ass in the boat and race! The combined A/C runabout on Sat and A/C hydro event should be a blast!!!!!!!
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

We are ready. Looking forward to the fun. All we ask for is some NICE western washington weather I have decided to enter CSH for the first time this year.
                Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                  thats cool! Just join APBA for the weekend...........but Mike better get his ass in the boat and race! The combined A/C runabout on Sat and A/C hydro event should be a blast!!!!!!!
                  I already filed out the registration online and sent it in. So as far as I am concerned, done deal. CSH for Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

I think the price of the daily memberships can be deducted from the full APBA membership price if the racer has never been an APBA member before.
                    there are other limitations but I don't remember what they are off hand.
                    Gene Schertz 26V
                    TEAM CAFFEINE
                    Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Single Event Fees

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                      I already filed out the registration online and sent it in. So as far as I am concerned, done deal. CSH for Saturday and Sunday.
                      For SO/MO/PRO, the Single Event fee is $35 a day, so you're into it for $70 for the weekend. And, if you opt for full APBA Membership within 30 days of your single event, APBA will convert you for the difference. How cool is that?

Another reason to think about coming to Yelm September 19-20. We are The Kinder, Gentler Lake Lawrence race, not like the one you experienced previously. Just ask the Sweeney Family

Speaking of which, with Logan winning Nationals and all, I'm sure he's in full Power-Grovelling mode to Mom and Pop for a trip west this fall....

R-19
                      Last edited by sponsonhead; 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM.
                      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

(the new) Yelm sounds like fun unfortunately I have consumed all of my vacation for the year! We have a new service dog jacket for "Mo" since we never did find his old one. I must of put it in a safe place.

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
                          For SO/MO/PRO, the Single Event fee is $35 a day, so you're into it for $70 for the weekend. And, if you opt for full APBA Membership within 30 days of your single event, APBA will convert you for the difference. How cool is that?

Another reason to think about coming to Yelm September 19-20. We are The Kinder, Gentler Lake Lawrence race, not like the one you experienced previously. Just ask the Sweeney Family

Speaking of which, with Logan winning Nationals and all, I'm sure he's in full Power-Grovelling mode to Mom and Pop for a trip west this fall....

R-19
                          Actually (not to nit pick!) it is even better. the 30 day deadline only applies to RENEWING members. for NEW members there is no 30 day deadline. and the dailys can total up untill a full membership is paid for. BUT, there are no points for single event memberhips, so You will not accumulate points untill the membership is a full membership. plus dailys can not enter into NAC's, regionals, divisionals, nationals or Kilos. for some strange reason they can enter into record runs but can not set a record.
                          Last edited by Kev43V; 08-13-2009, 11:30 AM.

"The Coffee Guy"
                          TEAM CAFFEINE

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                          " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Actually I have the form sitting right in front of me. It varies for type of event and category
                            $35 per day stock, mod, pro, SLT
                            $40 per day drag, inboard, special event, OPC, Inboard Endurance
                            PER EVENT
                            $20 J, PWR, Crew

and there are more

BUT they are not applicable to Nationals, Divisionals, Regionals, Worlds or North American Championships

Single Events taken during October may not be converted except for new members

Comment

Working...
                            X