Camden, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camden, NC

I was in the Outer Banks this past weekend and decided to take a slight detour on the way home. God, I miss racing at this place. It was such a nice venue and a great place to scare the sh** out of Gary Pond. I took a couple of pictures for everyone to gaze at....
    Attached Files
    Shawn Breisacher

I loved that place. greatest pig roast of all time!!!
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Many many good memories there:

Bob Touchtons Cherry Bombs

HP Shakeshaft blowing over and getting enough air to clear the treeline on the backstretch.

Helping make the coleslaw for Captain Herbie Davenport's fantastic pig roast

Cooler bobbing

My first JSH race, thanks to David Weaver.

Brad Walker
      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Snake City.................

Shawn
        In defense of Gary US Pond, i imagine seeing a 5 foot water mocasin with a head the size of your fist would scare the sh** out of most of us! Of course Gary is more jumpy than most of us when it comes to snakes.

The boys still test there at Camden but a race doesn't seem likely in the near future, but who knows what next season may bring!

Hope the wedding went well

Matt & Val

Comment

Shawn,

Thanks for the pictures...lots of great memories for me and anyone who ever attended a race there. Also, congrats on the wedding.

D. Riser

Comment

Good Times Indeed

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
            Many many good memories there:

My first JSH race, thanks to David Weaver.

Brad Walker
            My last JSH race thanks to the Walkers!!!!

So many memories at this wonderful venue and simply beautiful place. We should have bought it.....
            David Weaver

Comment

Camden

Most fun race I've been to. I will always miss spending the night before and the night after the weekend at my good friend Bob Blackley's home. We would sit up almost all night and talk Antiques. Sure do miss going there
              David Everhart S52
              David Everhart S52
              Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

the last time i raced there gary had travis shooting the snakes with a shotgun. as we were racing bsh. my wife still has the pine cones that we brought home with us and they are hugh. memories like that is why i love this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                  My last JSH race thanks to the Walkers!!!!

So many memories at this wonderful venue and simply beautiful place. We should have bought it.....
                  Is that what happened to the site?......Sold?....Ever hear a price?
                  Now........ "No trespass"?

Was never there but I often heard 5P say it was a "Must do" site.

100N
                  100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Sold Price was in the 7 figures range

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                      Sold Price was in the 7 figures range
                      All we had to do was raise the entry fees and buy the place!
                      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Thanks for the pics shawn! I have so many great memories in Camden... wish we could still be there!!
                        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Camden Site

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the memories. Camden was definetly a great place. My starting days of racing were at Camden and it was fun meeting all the boat racers. But, I don't get this snake thing. Only a sissy like Gary Pond would be afraid of a water snake. They don't bother you if you don't bother them. But if you want to see a real snake, check out my baby python, Lizzie. She can consume a full grown rat in about 5 seconds and come back for more. And she is still a baby. Now, that's a snake.

Mike DeLisa
                          8-J
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mike, put that thing away! thats why i never get outta the car when rich and I come to the house!

Stacy
                            "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Now Stacy, that statement just breaks my heart. You know how I enjoy your company. Even your Uncle Worm can make it as far as the living room. I always keep my reptiles in their cages when company is over. Except for Momo, he's a South American Red Foot Tortoise who just wonders around the house but, he's harmless.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X