No announcement yet.

New DSH update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But this would of been a secured load, when it left and at the last time it was checked. It just had a catastophic failure of tie down equipment (in this case the bow hook).

You going to have it all better by Eatonville Patrick?

Teresa

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Secure

If Mr. Hobart had ever travelled to a race with young Stretch Hannon, he would know that Stretch is totally OCD about checking tie downs on the truck and the trailer. It was tight. We just hit some BMF gusts in the Gorge.

Probably not for Eatonville, but I'll be there.

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

If you're rollin' 70-75 and hit a 60 gust, that's like a DSH trying to stay down at 130+MPH!!!!

Comment

DSH update

Well Pat...I do have TONS of extra wood left. If Drew wants to to come over to shop and pick it up, I bet he could fix your rig in time for the next race. Here is where I am on boat. Ran into a few problems with right sponson...I cut the the piece of wood that ties in the end of the sponson with the side wrong..and had to re-do things.. It sucks...but I need it to be right. At this point...the left chine-non trip is done, all of the framework for the bottom of the sponson is in place. All I have to do is attach the sponson skins. I will do that after work Friday....Will turn boat over when that's done and start on the top.

Comment

Dsh

Well...I am starting from scratch...now I think I will have rig ready for Lake Lytle. I hope Mr dingman will have his rig ready for race....

Comment

call me dave

Bill Dingman "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Dsh

I have your number. Call me at 425 246 4710...let me know whats up.

Comment

Good point Dave

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                  Ran into a few problems with right sponson...I cut the the piece of wood that ties in the end of the sponson with the side wrong..and had to re-do things.. It sucks...but I need it to be right.
                  Mike and I have been saying for years that boat building isn't about not making mistakes, it's about managing the ones you do make.
                  Moby Grape Racing
                  "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

I always measure twice and cut once and still screw up.
                    bill b

Comment

Hope it is not too late......

I highly recommend scarfing that joint on the bottom.

At DSH speeds it wont take much to peel away that bottom like the skin off a potato.

gl
                      BW
                      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Originally posted by B Walker View Post

At DSH speeds it wont take much to peel away that bottom like the skin off a potato.

gl
                        BW
                        Question to all boat builders/designers: In this scenario, would it be best to scarf the two bottom pieces together or shim the thinner board to the thicker one, like dave has done? If so, why? I would think that the shim technique would provide a superior "ground" to attach the board, instead of laying two shaved pieces of plywood together. In ones experience, what has worked better in terms of durability and strength?
                        28-R

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                          If you're rollin' 70-75 and hit a 60 gust, that's like a DSH trying to stay down at 130+MPH!!!!
                          What, your DSH doesn't go 130MPH? That what my data says....
                          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by B Walker View Post

gl
                            BW
                            Actually, anybody who was at Whitney Point last year will tell that the bottom of Dave's boats are one of their strongest features.

R-19
                            www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
                              What, your DSH doesn't go 130MPH? That what my data says....
                              That's why you're the champ Mr 130+

Comment

personal preference

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
                                Question to all boat builders/designers: In this scenario, would it be best to scarf the two bottom pieces together or shim the thinner board to the thicker one, like dave has done? If so, why? I would think that the shim technique would provide a superior "ground" to attach the board, instead of laying two shaved pieces of plywood together. In ones experience, what has worked better in terms of durability and strength?
                                I have tried both and never had either one fail. Personally I would have just overlapped the 3 mil onto the 6 mil like I have done on a couple of boats, it's the lazy man's way
                                Moby Grape Racing
                                "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Working...
                                X