Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare parts?

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
    Worked a little wed night, attached the left sponson former onto frame...will hopefully get the whole left side of boat done thursday night
    Did you cut out an extra left sponson for me? I need one.....

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Patrick, how's the D'Railer? Just a sponson?

Comment

Why is the bottom width so narrow?

99R

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
          Patrick, how's the D'Railer? Just a sponson?
          Pretty much just a sponson...a little to the front of the bottom, and of course the finely ground down air traps and tracking rails from the road rash.

All in all, easily fixable, once I get some $$$. Hopefully I can sell a few pics to help defray the cost.

R-19
          Attached Files
          www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
            Pretty much just a sponson...a little to the front of the bottom, and of course the finely ground down air traps and tracking rails from the road rash.

All in all, easily fixable, once I get some $$$. Hopefully I can sell a few pics to help defray the cost.

R-19
            What happened to the boat?? Beavers hungry????
            Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

A Simple Equation

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
              What happened to the boat?? Beavers hungry????
              20MPH Headwind + 40 MPH Gusts X Columbia River Gorge east of the Dalles=One Less Sponson.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

20MPH Headwind + 40 MPH Gusts X Columbia River Gorge east of the Dalles=One Less Sponson.

R-19
                Probably the worst possible thing to happen coming home from a 4,000 mile trip and only 200 miles from home...
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

R-19
                  Isn't there a subset of the equation regarding tie-down apparatus?

{insert rimshot}

We used call it Drama Stock Hydro - this year it's Demolition Stock Hydro.

{insert rimshot}

Thanks folks...we'll be here all week
                  Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                  sigpic
                  Portland, Oregon
                  Johnson Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Cameraboy View Post
                    Isn't there a subset of the equation regarding tie-down apparatus?

{insert rimshot}
                    Listen, Rickles:

We made it 4200 miles half way across the country and almost back. With the kind of gusts we hit in the gorge, I doubt if additional tie-down apparatus would have helped, especially when the bow-eye broke (root cause).

The important thing is that the boat was not hit while in the road, and it didn't land on any cars behind us. I shudder to think of some of the possible outcomes, because they're all much worse than what actually happened.

All that said, it sure would have been amazing to watch that sucker fly off the roof of Darth Vehicle. You know those Karelsens, they love to fly.

Loving my enclosed trailer even more,

R-19
                    www.gleasonracing.com

Comment

Listen, Rickles:

We made it 4200 miles half way across the country and almost back. With the kind of gusts we hit in the gorge, I doubt if additional tie-down apparatus would have helped, especially when the bow-eye broke (root cause).

The important thing is that the boat was not hit while in the road, and it didn't land on any cars behind us. I shudder to think of some of the possible outcomes, because they're all much worse than what actually happened.

All that said, it sure would have been amazing to watch that sucker fly off the roof of Darth Vehicle. You know those Karelsens, they love to fly.

Loving my enclosed trailer even more,

R-19
                      Very scary and you are right, the whole situation could of been a lot worse.
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

More Rope

I remember coming home from Desert Air to Eugene in the '70s. I stopped at a hardware along the gorge & bought more rope to make sure the boats were tied down good. Also the damage done to boats from road accidents is different than damage done from water accidents.
                        At least it was the left sponson, I have heard of boats finishing races with out it.

Darrell

Comment

Good job Davey, keep it up!

What was the bet between you and Dingman? If you finished the boat before he fixed his, he had to by the rounds at Eatonville?
                          http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Great to hear the damage was minimul...visions of it bouncing off the guardrail, cartwheeling down I-84, under the wheels of an semi...and the scariest part of all (one reason why I use a strap and ropes on the top boat) is that it missed landing on any vehicles.

Comment

How do you do it Dave?

Do you wear an apron to keep from getting the sawdust on your dress? Or do you just have a work dress? Keeping the epoxy off your pumps must be tough too. BTW Pat I hope you guys were paying attention when we did the epoxy putty airtrap clinic at Milwaukie earlier this year
                              Moby Grape Racing
                              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Gross Misdemeanor in Washington State

Last May 2005, Gov. Christine Gregoire signed into law House Bill 1478 -- also known as "Maria's Law" -- which made it a gross misdemeanor if an unsecured load causes an injury, carrying with it a maximum penalty of a year in jail and a $5,000 fine. A driver whose unsecured items cause property damage can now be charged with a misdemeanor crime.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                                X