Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Chattahoochee with a problem

Sunburnt neck and forehead.

All kidding aside we ALL had a great time.

Thank you Bruce for doing the leg work on this event and thank you all
    for making our first Stock Outboard Race so much fun!!!

John and Melissa
    John Sherlock

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man
    standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

My thanks too!

Many thanks to the citizens of Chattahoochee for welcoming us the "The Chatahoochee Challenge" and to the OPC guys and gals for allowing us to to tag along.

There was tremendous intrest in our little boats. Kids sitting in the boats posing for pictures, many questions like......How fast do these little things go? .....Are these home made?.......How do you sit in there? And "You must be nuts"

The biggest compliment "I can't wait to see you guys race!

There may be a future ASH driver joining the ranks. A very inquisitive young man who by the end of the day had me talking to his parents.

Congratulations to Zack Tenello on his first win in CSH.

Special thanks to John Sherlock for showing up in his first CSH ride, tell me John, how does it feel to race a real race boat? It's really awesome that I finally have someone older than me to compete with. All kidding aside it was a pleasure to meet you and Mellisa, I hope to see you at the Nationals.

Comment

Thanks John,
      I am glad that you and Melissa had a good time. We are already working on the race for next year.
      Thanks to all the teams that showed up and the officials that helped put the race on. It was a fun weekend.
      Bruce

Comment

Bruce do you have the standings for each of the two days?
        John Sherlock

standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

Comment

For CSH here are the results ( unofficially) as I understand it

Saturday
          John Sherlock first
          Doug second
          Phil Third
          Zack fourth

Sunday
          Doug
          Zack
          Sherlock
          Phil

Thanks
          Bruce

Comment

Zach and I had a great time. In fact, I've never had so much fun at a boat race.

The weekend started off well at registration when we all were unexpectedly given $25 in tow money in the form of BP gas cards and the $10 in gift certificates for the local market store.

The spectator stands right in front of the first turn were awesome and full each day. All the families with kids coming up, looking and asking for photos was something I never had happen before. Our boats looked like play pins from time to time with all the kids sitting in them and posing for the camera. I felt like Dale Earnhardt.

Each heat of racing was close, deck-to-deck and exciting. I've never been so wet while still staying in the boat and drank more than my fair share of each racers' rooster tail. The family is not letting me live down that Zach beat me in the last heat of the day. His RuneCraft sure is quick and darn fast. There was no way I could catch him that's for sure.

I got phone calls from two friends on Monday telling me how they saw a news segment about the race on the 11 PM news and my name was mentioned as a home town favorite who did well.

We hope we can be part of the Chattahoocee Challenge again next year.
            Last edited by DougMc; 06-10-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I am thinking, maybe a bilge pump in my boat..
              John Sherlock

Comment

Working...
              X