Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 1951 Morphew D Runabout

Hey Boat Junkies,

I am looking for plans or dimensions to build a 1951 Morphew D Runabout Utility. I understand they were built in Paris Texas.

Thanks for your help

Steve Bolhuis

I would also be interested in finding an old Morphew to restore.

Send me a message if you know of any old Morpehw's out there.

Thanks

Comment

Morphew runabout

You have struck a nerve with the mention of a Morphew. Not many still around who remember this once very popular race boat. Jack Morphew designed & built these during the late '40s & very early '50s then he sold the business to Houston Winters (who had worked for him I believe) who changed the name to Winters. Houston built these in an old hangar on the airfield at Paris, TX until about '55 when he moved to Eldorado, OK & built a few boats there. I ran their boats during the '50s as did most of the racers in the north Texas area. I don't know the location of any of the old Morphews but would be glad to share any information I might remember with you if you want to give me a call at 405 721-2755.
      Dudley Malone

Comment

Morphew

There is a guy here in Wisconsin whose name I can't recall who has a Morphew "D" runabout. Go to the AOMCI.org site & post there or try to contact Ron Lietha in Tomahawk, WI. He might have contact info on the gentleman who owns the Morphew "D".

Comment

Morphew DU

Bob McNulty is the gentleman from Wisconsin who has a very nice Morphew DU. I don't have contact info for him, but he is a member of the Winnebagoland Chapter of AOMCI.

The boat is kept at Bob's cottage on the Wolf River near Fremont, WI. It is powered by a KG-9, Q, if memory serves. Nice rig, ready to run. Maybe he'd consent to let someone measure the boat...

Jerry

Comment

Morphew

Originally posted by trident View Post
            Bob McNulty is the gentleman from Wisconsin who has a very nice Morphew DU. I don't have contact info for him, but he is a member of the Winnebagoland Chapter of AOMCI.

The boat is kept at Bob's cottage on the Wolf River near Fremont, WI. It is powered by a KG-9, Q, if memory serves. Nice rig, ready to run. Maybe he'd consent to let someone measure the boat...

Jerry
            Now that Jerry has provided a name, here is his address.

Bob McNulty
            P.O. Box388
            Columbus, WI 53925

Comment

Working...
            X