Laydown hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laydown hull

Is it possible to run a laydown type hull in CSH? I am new to this sport and would like to get involved but I could not kneel in a boat. I weigh 170 pounds so I assume that a C hydro is what I would run. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Dewey

Originally posted by shouldnt-do-it View Post
    Is it possible to run a laydown type hull in CSH? I am new to this sport and would like to get involved but I could not kneel in a boat. I weigh 170 pounds so I assume that a C hydro is what I would run. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Dewey
    Yes, yes and yes! call Marc Johnson and have him build you a laydown Euro style hull for CSH. Don't let anyone tell you that a laydown CSH will not compete with the best because they will if it is built and design by the right person and Marc is your man.

Also you can choose to laydown in any class you want to race not just CSH.

His contact info is on the front page of HR under the MJR banner, you might aso try Jason Neri over at Revolutuon boats on the west coast Jason also has a banner on the front page.

Welcome to HR the water is fine jump right in all the guys and gals are here to help you.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Dewey, you will find plenty to do in Region 3. You should make an effort to come to the race this weekend in Millville NJ. About a 2 hour drive for you and well worth it.

Hope to see you there

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        Yes, yes and yes! call Marc Johnson and have him build you a laydown Euro style hull for CSH. Don't let anyone tell you that a laydown CSH will not compete with the best because they will if it is built and design by the right person and Marc is your man.

Also you can choose to laydown in any class you want to race not just CSH.

His contact info is on the front page of HR under the MJR banner, you might aso try Jason Neri over at Revolutuon boats on the west coast Jason also has a banner on the front page.

Welcome to HR the water is fine jump right in all the guys and gals are here to help you.

Dan, didn't "someone" convince you a laydown would not work in 20SSH/CSH?????? Sucker!!!! **** boat works great as a CMH too!!!!!!!
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          Dan, didn't "someone" convince you a laydown would not work in 20SSH/CSH?????? Sucker!!!! **** boat works great as a CMH too!!!!!!!
          Yep and they were dead wrong! laydown works great!
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
            Yep and they were dead wrong! laydown works great!
            maybe "they" didn't want you to pass them?????? Hell, even France has a lay-down ASH and he hauls the mail!!!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Whoever the guy was driving 11-C, Cstock hydro was a lay down at Puddingstone. Aside from scaring the hell out if me with the prop entirely out of the water with the engine full throttle while his crew lifted him over the trailer, and running the engine with the prop on on the shore, he came in dead last, by at least a half the course every race.

Weather the laydown had anything to do with it or not, I dunno, just that every C stock on the water was a kneeler and then the one laydown said something in itself.
              Bill Schwab
              Miss KTDoodle #62C
              -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Originally posted by shouldnt-do-it View Post

Thanks, Dewey
                Id also be interested in try-in a laydown too but for now an old kneeler with a couple skeg doinks patched up will have to do. As Sam said, go see Millville races if any way possible... A great place to spectate. Gotta wonder tho, how would a kneeler do as a belly ride-n convert?
                Team Tower

Comment

If the boat is the same length, there should not be a whole bunch to it. just move the dash where you need it, change the steering and move the throttle to the inside and have at it.

Out of curiosity however, has anyone ever tried a snow mobile style trigger worked off the thumb on a laydown? Seems like a natural fit.
                  Bill Schwab
                  Miss KTDoodle #62C

Comment

Originally posted by Skoontz View Post
                    If the boat is the same length, there should not be a whole bunch to it. just move the dash where you need it, change the steering and move the throttle to the inside and have at it.

Out of curiosity however, has anyone ever tried a snow mobile style trigger worked off the thumb on a laydown? Seems like a natural fit.
                    the lift is built different in a laydown, so just moving the dash and throttle is not all that is needed..........
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that after i posted....You got the weight of someones chest and gear over the sponsons....
                      Bill Schwab
                      Miss KTDoodle #62C

Comment

Marc Johnson at MJR is already working on plans for a Laydown OSY 400 for me and another person. I am sure it would work for a laydown CSH. I don't know what the time frame is before testing and release of plans.

Some of us have worn out knees.
                        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Diane Murray has been doing it for years.
                          Ian Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                            the lift is built different in a laydown, so just moving the dash and throttle is not all that is needed..........
                            Daren is correct, its all about balance and the design which is why most American builders shy away from the laydown hulls. If you want to know the truth about laydown hulls and what makes them work talk to Marc Johnson.
                            HTML Code:

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice, everyone. I will be at Millville this weekend but it will be either Friday or Sunday. Will there be much actual racing on Friday?

Dewey

Comment

Working...
                              X