Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug depth

Originally posted by Heliarc View Post
    Thank you for the feedback on the CDI switch box.

I bought some BP8HS-10 plugs. Can these be run full depth using only the supplied compression washer? I ask because those plugs will go noticeably farther into the cylinder than the L78V plugs do. Should thicker washers be used so that they don't go into the cylinder any farther than the 1/2 depth L78Vs?
    Np problem use the squish washers. I run the NGK BP8HS and also the Champ L61Y with squish washers, both are projecting tip plugs and there is no contact with piston. If you are concerned place one in the engine at the 0.040 gap with proper torque and slowely rotate to feel if there is contact. Fot a final check for the actual clearance you can add a small amount of modeling clay to the plug tip and install at proper torque then rotate and pull the plug and note the amount of clay squish and slowly peal away the clay at the top of the welded ground piece and note the thickness. It will be at least 0.015" and adaquate at high revs with rod stretch.

Let me know what clearance you get.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

25ss plug update

For my 25ss I recently I have replaced the NGK BP8HS-10 plugs with the Vee electrode style NGK BP8HN-10 Part # 4838. The BP8HS-10 are still a good choice and run well but next time you get plugs move to the 4838.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

If you go to get a new crank make sure you get one the has the correct slot ground in it for the points it is also 1/4 turn differnt than most 25hp motors.

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
          Have an old 25ss powerhead that popped a long time ago.Been in my garage for better than 20 years and was thinking about getting it running.I think the crank is shot.Just wondering if their are any parts for this engine.Thanks
          I have several 200 20/25hp(?) and Mark-28 powerheads back home....Will check when back North after the Franklin race/Memorial weekend and post inventory.
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
          X