NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBRA Southern Short Course Nat's & Title Series

Okay, this is going to be a great race! We plan on having lots of fun!! We are going to have a local celebrity do a cooking show at the race! Cajun Karl from Cajun Karl's Cooking Adventures is going to do a cooking show at this race. Wait! I can't top that, but we do have more! We are going to do an auction at the race to raise some prize money! More info on prize money will be announced later. So, bring all of your old junk that is just sitting up in the shop and bring an appetite! There will be a charge of $5.00 a plate. Oh, we are hoping to have lots of spectators, which some may even be future racers!! So, get to Lake Buhlow in Pineville, La for May 8 - 10 and get ready to have a good Cajun time!
    Shane Hebert
    15L

auction

Okay, the auction is set for Friday evening (MAY 8). So, bring all items that you do not use any more. Someone else may be able to use them. All money raised at this auction will go to drivers.
    Shane Hebert
    15L

Comment

I think we have some parts and possibly a boat !! Anything would be good to raise money for the pot. So if your going to attend, Speak up, cause the money is going to the racers. Looking fwd. to a big NBRA turnout.

Hal

Comment

I just want to let everyone know that Dave Tuttle will be the auctioneer. Also, if you have any other items, ladies, that you would like to donate, please bring them!
        Shane Hebert
        15L

Comment

Im pumped for this race!!! Im ready to see all the NBRA folks. So are us racers going to be getting some TV time too during the cooking show?? Maybe we can get the cooking man himself into a rig on the water... thatd make for a good show.
          John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
          Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
          Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
          Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
          Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Hey John, he actually asked me about that. He's not sure though. He is very interested in history. If anyone has any old pictures, please bring them. Also, if anyone has any history that they would like to talk about, now is the time. Cajun Karl will be speaking to some people, so get your stories ready. He was very interested in the story of the Miller generation racing. I gave him the copy of the FULL THROTTLE with that story in it.
            Shane Hebert
            15L

Comment

Where to stay...

Is there a local hotel providing any discounts for folks associated with the race?
              "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

hotel info

Yes, The Econo Lodge is $60, if reservations are made before April 23. The phone number is 318-880-0110. The address is 2716 North McArthur Dr in Alexandria, La. It's just a few minutes away from the lake. This hotel used to be the Clarion.
                Shane Hebert
                15L

Comment

I was very unimpressed with the econolodge for the winter Nats.
                  suffice to say many people had issues.

"The Coffee Guy"
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                  " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

The Best Western is right next door. They are a bit more, but I will call a few more and see what we can get. I will keep everyone posted.
                    Shane Hebert
                    15L

Comment

Lets GO!

It will be good to see everyone again! I went there for the APBA winter nats and what a great race site. I stayed at the Best Western- good accomodations and less than 10 minutes from the race site.
                      Richard Russo
                      CSH 9-L

2009 NBRA CSH Southern
                      and Northern Short Course
                      Nationals Winner
                      2009 NBRA CSH High
                      Point Winner

Andiamo Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shebert View Post
                        Hey John, he actually asked me about that. He's not sure though. He is very interested in history. If anyone has any old pictures, please bring them. Also, if anyone has any history that they would like to talk about, now is the time. Cajun Karl will be speaking to some people, so get your stories ready. He was very interested in the story of the Miller generation racing. I gave him the copy of the FULL THROTTLE with that story in it.
                        I have some old pictures from racing at Buhlow from back in 70s I can bring. I even have a few old pics of my Grandpaw's old rig (B Hydro) and stuff too. We should try and maybe get him a lap or two that weekend. With someone if that would make it more comfortable.
                        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Pictures

I have a picture of me at Buhlow in 1969 and one of my Dad there as well. I was 6 years old at the time. I will bring them and also see if Dad ( and my uncles Bob and Dave Lowrey ) have any more that I can bring.

I will keep checking back about the Hotel info as I plan on making my reservations soon.
                          "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

If cajun Carl is interested in a ride, I will be happy to put him in Patsys csh for a spin.
                            Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Shebert View Post
                              The Best Western is right next door. They are a bit more, but I will call a few more and see what we can get. I will keep everyone posted.

Any word on other hotels willing to offer a discount for the race? It appears that some folks had less than postitve experiences at the Econolodge.

Comment

Working...
                              X