Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevlar?

Hello all,
    Are there any secrets out there for washing kevlars? Is machine washing ok? Dryer??
    Thanks,
    Sonny
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Pat from SRP will have to give us the technicals, but in my opinion the washer and dryer will beat up the material. I just use a hose and a bucket of Simple Green and water and scrub the heck out of 'em with a stiff long bristle brush. Then let them air dry in the shade and throw a dryer sheet in the bag with your gear between races. This system will have you smelling Snuggle fresh! Greg
    Future J dad!

Comment

I wonder if I sent them to the dry cleaner if they would come back like new?
      Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

Kevlars

I just bought new Kevlars, someone from both Lifeline and Security,should address this cleaning issue. Can Kevlar be dry-cleaned?? What are you to use on your life jacket ??

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

Comment

Clean 'em

Hi Steve,

All you have to do is ask Best way to clean your suit or your lifejacket is with Oxy-Clean. You can get either the spray form or the powder. Put it in a big sink or bathtub and let it soak for a few hrs...use a nylon scrub brush and plenty of elbow grease for the stains or stubborn spots.

You'll be amazed how quickly it will clean up.

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Working...
          X