Strobe Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strobe Lights

On my drive to work yesterday, it was foggy and I was behind a school bus, and watched the flashing strobe light mounted on the top of the bus , has there been any discussion on using strobe lights? I remember that sometimes you can lose the clock to the background on the land, wouldn't a strobe on the clock, and in the turn boats at the one minute gun help,and a blue color on the clock and in the patrol boats to let you know if there is a driver in the water, or a course obstruction, curious if this has been brought up to the safety committee before.

"...if your not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

-

I think has been brought up and considered. The light arrays turned out to be a bit on the expensive side, but you never know how much things can change from year to year these days.

Comment

Be carefull

One of the things in our flight physiology classes and all the night vision goggle training I have had over the years is that stobe lights can induce siesures in some people. I am sure it is not as likely from a distance or not as prevelent durring the day but look into to it. It also depends on the cycle of the strobe, I am sure the ones on the busses are a slow cycle so not likely to induce a siesure.

Kerry

Comment

Working...
      X