Vinyl Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Wraps

I am having a new d-e runabout built and was thinking of having it vinyl wrapped instead of painting it. Has anyone here had any experience with vinyl wraps? If so how did it work?
    Keith Kampen

$$$$$$$

Printed vinyl wraps are cool looking but impractical here. Fairly simple print-cut stuff goes for about $15 per sq. ft. and up. There is also a weight issue with the amount required to wrap a boat. Repairability is also a problem if you tear off a corner and have to try to piece in your design to get it to look new again. The inks used are improving but often there are problems with UV causing the colors to change after exposure to the sun. The $100 or so it costs for materials to paint a boat begins to sound good.

Comment

Wrapped...

Just had my first boat wrapped in vinyl. Price was about the same as a one color paint job. Pics to follow. We'll see how it holds up. One upside, any damage and I can just take it back to the vinyl guy to rip it all off and rewrap it, no sanding or taping. Trying something new, who knows. Greg
      Future J dad!

Comment

I believe Howie Nichols has been wrapping his OPC's for several years. He could give you the ups and downs of it.

Also Joel Kiddy and Andrew Kiddy have wrapped boats, they may be able to give advice as well.

sigpic
        SIBLING RIVALRY RACING TEAM

Comment

Wrap It

I Wrapped Austin's Jsh In Snake Skin And It Looks Cool, But I Could Of Painted It Faster Than Matching Up The Pattern.So If You Wrap A Boat Pick Something Easy To Lay Out.The Vinyl Weighs Less If Your Asking ......PICS ARE FROM CLARKSVILLE VA. 2008 RACE
          Last edited by PAUL PRICE; 02-12-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Keith,
            here are some pics. of some wraps we have done 4 year guarantee. give me a call if you have any questions
            Jeff Thompson
            East Coast Screen Printing
            22 Partridge St.
            Providence, RI 02908
            jeff@ecstees.com
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X