Carpetbaggers Invade Lake Apthorpe, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpetbaggers Invade Lake Apthorpe, Florida

Many thanks go to the race boat denizens of Lake Apthorpe, Florida. Local icon and race boat enthusiast Carl Staron played host to a group from up North testing a new carbon fiber, kevlar and epoxy 125cc runabout, built by Jimmy Shane of Havre de Grace, Maryland. The gray color is primer; the intent is to finish paint after the testing is complete. The orange striping is meant to give better clarity during the video filming to evaluate the behaviour of the boat while running.

The new owner is David Tenney, of Connecticut.

Carl and his son Tony brought out the Mother of All Rescue Boats for 4 straight days to have on hand for the testing, and we are very grateful for the attention and time the locals supplied to help keep this testing as safe as possible.

Shane and Tenney tested 4 Rossi powerheads, and only seized up 2 of them, while testing 7 Dewald propellors.

Jimmy also ran his first tests in his A Stock Runabout, built by Mike Beiswenger.

The 'gators stayed in the weeds all week, which was a good thing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WillieCrear; 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM.

Originally posted by WillieCrear View Post
    The 'gators stayed in the weeds all week, which was a good thing.

If I saw these I'd stay in the weeds too
    Attached Files
    Sean Byrne

Comment

O'l Col. Sander's...."Chick'n Legs"...!!!....

First time I met Carl in person...(we've "Horse traded" Hot-Rod and 22 OMC parts for several years through Rick Morris)....was at Ocoee a couple years ago.
      Was a sight see'n dem legs back'n out'a the van at 6 am...............with his signature straw hat!....
      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-11-2009, 03:20 AM.
      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
      X