Marchetti Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marchetti Interview

An interview of Nick Marchetti from the 1973 Hydro Quarterly is attached as a pdf file. Save it and open with Adobe reader.
    Attached Files
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

I also have my original interview with Nick on cassette tape. - Tim Chance

Comment

Marchetti

Reading that Nick said they called his boats spaghetti boats is funny, because when i was talking to Pat about his boats he said if you buy my boat i will cook you a spaghetti dinner.

Comment

Italian Food

I had many Italian dinners at Marchetti's. Nick's wife, Ginny, made the absolute best stuffed peppers. I lived around the corner from Nick and he got me back into boat racing in 1965 after being away for eight years. He was "uncle Nick" to my kids; Beth and Philip. Many, many fond memories. I still miss the guy.
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

I was in Nicks basement many times where he started building boats and yes they were called spaghetti boats
          Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Johnny Cash

Phil or George Didn't one of you meet Johnny Cash at Nick Marchetti's house. That must have been neat.

Comment

I didnt Danny it may have been Phil.
              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Marchetti

Back in the mid-70's, I sanded boats for Nick in the evenings and Saturday to pay for keeping my C and DSH in repair. Between Christmas and the Lakeland race, in March, Nick finished 12 boats in 10 weeks. One Saturday morning Marshall Grant and crew showed up, in a rental car, to check on a boat Nick was building for him. They were playing in Baltimore somewhere and looked like they hadn't slept. John Woods was driving, the boat, for him at the time. As they shuffled into Nick's kitchen, one of the said; "Hi there, I'm Johnny Cash". I almost fell over. Nick was uninpressed. We simply sat there and had coffee and italian cookies and shot the bull. Then we all went to the basement to check out the boat. We later hooked up with Marshal, testing, at a small lake near Lakeland. Cool memory.

Originally posted by Danny Pigott View Post
                Phil or George Didn't one of you meet Johnny Cash at Nick Marchetti's house. That must have been neat.
                Last edited by PopPop; 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Bristol

From 66 to 70 I was stationed at McGuire AFB NJ. Around 73 I went to NJ to visit friends.While there I went to Bristol Pa. to see if I could fine Marchetti. I wanted to talk to him about his boats. I had no idea where he lived, so I was driving down a street in Bristol an saw a mail man, I asked the mail man if he happened to know where Marchetti lived, he said sure. I could not believe my luck. He said he lives in Lakeland Florida. I was shocked. I said he is suppose to live in Bristol, his reply was, he did, he lived in that house right there until two weeks ago. I could not believe I had accidently driven all most to his house and he was in Lakeland.. My wife really bragged on me own the way home LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X