No announcement yet.

what does the title have to do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the title have to do with it?

I have to take my hat off to Jeff93C
    I do not know if it is the title. Or where he put links to his video.
    Building and racing a hydroplane-rookie year has had 17,596 views on youtube

If you think about it. any search with the key words Building,racing,hydroplane or rookie in it will bring up his video.
    In any case good job getting the word out Jeff. Cool vid too!

"The Coffee Guy"
    TEAM CAFFEINE
    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

I watched it on my iPod Touch last night ... its a very good vid ... that alone may be what gets it so many hits ... but the key words certainly help.

I saved it on my YouTube bookmarks on the Touch so I can show it to people when I'm not at home.

Well done Jeff!
    Last edited by sam; 01-01-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

What works...

Good question Kevin.
      So, what works to attract YouTube viewers to a video? I'll tell you what I have found that works good. The title is a big factor, and probably the best way to get a video to come up in search results. Search tags are the second best way to make a video to match up in search results. But then you gotta get folks to actually click on the video to view it. That's where the video thumbnail comes in. A great thumbnail is a huge help in getting views. A good thumbnail should generate curiousity about what the video holds.
      Jeff A's video is great and stands on it's own. Another thing his video has going for it is a great thumbnail. Thirdly, the title probably attracts a lot of lookers. Maybe there's a lot of interest in boat building, or perhaps it's the rookie part.

Here's a great example. Andrew4ce posted this video and titled it "Splash and Crash!" A great title, and the video thumbnail shows a big splash of water caused by a crash. This one's over 19,000 views!
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pKa80cB770&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2pKa80cB770&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A cool Youtube feature I found is the video insight function. This allows the video owner to look at the demographics behind the numbers. For instance, what age groups and gender are viewing? How did they find my video, search words and what search words did they use, direct link from a site, url in Email, etc? I can even see worldwide viewership by country, or I can select the U.S. and check viewership by U.S. state. A pretty neat tool to use!
      I hope this helps you Kevin.

Comment

crash

Hi Andrew,

where did you get the crash footage that started at 3:50 on this video?

thanks,
        Bill
        Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

That's part of a couple old clips I used from Merc Challenge stuff recorded off of tv in 80's. Wakefield they are from.
          Fralick Racing
          Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Kev43V View Post
            I have to take my hat off to Jeff93C
            I do not know if it is the title. Or where he put links to his video.
            Building and racing a hydroplane-rookie year has had 17,596 views on youtube

If you think about it. any search with the key words Building,racing,hydroplane or rookie in it will bring up his video.
            In any case good job getting the word out Jeff. Cool vid too!
            Just cruising through HR and I opened this thread and see you guys are talking about my "one and only" You Tube Video .
            It's funny Kevin, I originally made the video to send to my family and a few friends. I never intended to post it on the web. After making it I couldn't figure out how to send it ( file was to big or the wrong type or something like that) I was thinking of making a bunch of CD's and sending them when my son suggested I post it on You Tube, then just send each person a link to it. Me being the computer illiterate that I am, It took me about two days to figure out how to post a video LOL!

As far as the title go's, In all honesty the title was just what I thought "best" described the video, so that's what I wrote, and the thumbnail picture (as Jeff55v mentioned), I have no idea how it was chosen, as I don't recall having a choice at the time.? Must have been sheer luck.

After my Dad saw it he said I should post it on BRF ( his favorite boat racing site ) so I did, from there it got linked up to several other sites, and I'm sure that helped in how many views it has gotten.

So Kevin, what I'm sayin' is, I really can't take much of the credit for how many views it's received, but thanks for your comment's just the same, glad you liked it.
            93-C

Comment

Youtube, by default usually takes a clip at the 30 second mark and makes it your thumbnail if you don't specify.

Also, if you video gets rated, and commented on that improves the rankings as well.
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro View Post
                Youtube, by default usually takes a clip at the 30 second mark and makes it your thumbnail if you don't specify.

I still think it was sheer luck.
                I looked ad the vid last night, and that "thumbnail picture" shows up at 2:17 - 2:21 in the video.......
                93-C

Comment

We watch Jeff's video quite a bit, but then, if you ever get the opportunity to watch Jeff's ICBM hydro in action, do so. There are not too many boats that draw the eye to the water like his does. When you see it live, you get to hear the "music" as Enzo Ferrari was quoted saying about his cars in the 60's....

Jeffs rig has the music, and it's not so loud it looses race sites, even though I love em loud..
                  Bill Schwab
                  Miss KTDoodle #62C
                  -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Working...
                  X