Steering bar mounted gas tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering bar mounted gas tanks

After seeing several pictures of the boats at 2008 Nationals, I noticed in some classes tanks are mounted on the bars.

So, why is it OK for this in some classes, but A stock, AXS, J, etc is this considered unsafe or illegal or whatever?

Seems the steering bars are a naturally good spot for the tanks.....
    Bill Schwab
    Miss KTDoodle #62C
    -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

I thought the main reason tanks weren't to be mounted on the bars in the OMC classes was and OMC support rule. It had to remain the same colour and decals attached and no tank could be mounted on the motor as they wanted it to look like a fishing motor.
    I have seen OMC A's with bar mounted tanks in the last few years, but i am not sure if it is leagal or not.

Graham 18ce
    ----
    Graham18ce
    Team Canada ThunderCat
    Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
    Twitter @FralickRacing
    Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

is it really a great place for it? if you think about where the center of gravity is on a boat. is it really better to put 8 lb. that high up? I think it is just convenent

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Tanks

Kev,
        It keeps the inside of the boat nice & clean !

13-W
        Shawman

Comment

We have had problems with the fuel not passing the check because of possible contamination with water. We quit using the motor mounted tanks in Mod. and so far we have had no surprises when we got to the bank..0-35

Comment

Easy Solution Doc

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
            We have had problems with the fuel not passing the check because of possible contamination with water. We quit using the motor mounted tanks in Mod. and so far we have had no surprises when we got to the bank..0-35
            Run out front and don't get hosed down...
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X