Lower units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower units

Spent most of the afternoon on the phone trying to buy a new unit for a mod d. Wanted a new Yamato hatchet non-available. And it looks their may not be any more any time in the future. Checked with Lee Tieze he says he cannot get any gears that will hold up for his lower unit. Did not get hold of Sid Bass but was told by another sourse that he has a waiting list. Could not get hold of Steve Litzell but was told their not selling Konnys due to a gear problem also. Would appreciate anyone that has good info about this to please reply. Looks like I will be reworking another 302 not my first choice
    Art K

Art,

Check with Rex Hall. He should be able to get you a Rossi unit. Litzell also has access to VRP lower units.

Comment

Lower units

From what I understand VRP or Rossi do not make a !4-15 or 1-1 gear ratios.
      Art K

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
        From what I understand VRP or Rossi do not make a !4-15 or 1-1 gear ratios.
        Art K
        Wrong answer on that one. I have and can get 14:15's as many as you want. 14:14's are not availible at this time. Also I'm pretty easy to get a hold of just dont be afaid to leave mesage. I travel a lot at this time of year for my job. Steve

Comment

Did not get hold of Sid Bass but was told by another sourse that he has a waiting list... Art K
          If I know Sid, I'd say that he's waiting to get a batch of orders. It's a lot cheaper to have parts made in batches, rather than singles. I think Sid likes to keep the cost of his stuff as reasonable as possible by means like that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Steve Litzell has vrp gear cases that are 14 15 gears and i have one of them showing up this week to test on my d modrun ive seen this unit befor an it should work realy well on a dmod or a E I will let you know how it works should be testing this week end i hope morris 85c
            Lonnie Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Steve77t View Post
              Wrong answer on that one. I have and can get 14:15's as many as you want. 14:14's are not availible at this time. Also I'm pretty easy to get a hold of just dont be afaid to leave mesage. I travel a lot at this time of year for my job. Steve

When are 1:1s going to be available?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Spent most of the afternoon on the phone trying to buy a new unit for a mod d. Wanted a new Yamato hatchet non-available. And it looks their may not be any more any time in the future. Checked with Lee Tieze he says he cannot get any gears that will hold up for his lower unit. Did not get hold of Sid Bass but was told by another sourse that he has a waiting list. Could not get hold of Steve Litzell but was told their not selling Konnys due to a gear problem also. Would appreciate anyone that has good info about this to please reply. Looks like I will be reworking another 302 not my first choice
                Art K

Art,

Doug Shultz had a couple of Mercury D units listed for sale not too long ago. If Merc units are OK with you they may still be available.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

My father has two Merc Quicky Units for D-E with 1:1 gears. Drive shafts have been "stubbed" otherwise they are in excelent condition. $1200 each. You can contact him at 319-364-7804

Comment

Bass lower unit

Heard from Sid this morning. Told me he has orders for the Tohatsu backed up and until he can catch up on the engines the complete lower unit will not be available for awhile. He wasvery apolojective and said he hoped to get back to lower units as soon as possible.
                    Any body have phone # for Steve Litzell? Got a # but not sure if it is the one.
                    Art K

Comment

770 428 0568 I call him all the time at this number sometimes it takes a few days for him to call me back but he always does morris 85c
                      Lonnie Morris

Comment

Heard from Sid this morning. Told me he has orders for the Tohatsu backed up and until he can catch up on the engines the complete lower unit will not be available for awhile. He wasvery apolojective and said he hoped to get back to lower units as soon as possible.
                        Any body have phone # for Steve Litzell? Got a # but not sure if it is the one.
                        Art K
                        Hi Art, you can call me at 770 428 0568 in boat shop or 770 426 9629 home#
                        I will be home all weekend but will be gone out of town Monday for work. Steve

Comment

New Hatchet For Sale

I have a brand new, never used, Hatchet for sale that I got with the Harry Brinkman parts I bought. I was going to use it on a 44 mod were building but decided to use a new shaved D unit. I will sell the unit for $1,300. I can send photos if someone is interested. My E mail is aerolinerboat@aol.com

Alan
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by OldRacerBU; 12-12-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Art K
                            Run Konny units all the time never had a grear problem ???? who has

Pat

Comment

I have Konig 14:15 and 14:14 units I would sell. $750.00 for the 14:15, $800 fot the 14:14.

Rex Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X