Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It takes more than ideas to make change

Howdy,

If you have promotional ideas that you want the APBA SORC Promotional Committee to consider for 2009 then please do the following:

1) Participate in forums to help formulate an idea that can be done from "concept to completion." That means a structured proposal. Does not have to be fancy. But has to be complete enough that I can campaign for funding it.

2) If you want change, YOU MUST COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY to your regional commissioners. Posting in a forum is not what gets it done. I suggest you write them directly. If you don't know who they are then contact your club Commodore

3) Find a subject you are passionate about and think it through.

Suggesting I get "ABC Company" to sponsor a race is an idea only and not enough to get it done. Who should be contacted? What do we want from them? What's in it for them? How can we prove it will be worth it? When do we want them? Where do we want them? What kind of press coverage can we guarantee them? What other similair sports are doing it? And so forth.

Fewer classes with more boats per class? So what classes do you kill? Which classes do you build? How do you entice those drivers to other classes? What do they do with their current equipment that they can no longer race? How do they find money to buy all new stuff? What would it realistically take to do it? How keep them from quitting stock and going Mod or PRO with their current gear? Or do we care since most have a "super license" and many race at STOCK races anyway? These questions can help formulate one approach to that goal. I am certain that there are other approaches that can accomplish it too.

Just examples I saw folks "passionately debating." So pick an idea you are "passionate" about and "think it through from concept to completion" and COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY TO YOUR COMMISSIONERS with a structured (does not have to be fancy) proposal.

Please private message me directly with promotional "concept to completion structured proposals."

4) Most importantly. It takes YOUR participation. You must be ready and willing to play an active role in making your idea a reality.

Paul Nielander aka ChicagoPaul

New year fresh start, please PM Paul with your ideas or thoughts.
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
    X