spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs

Do any of you find that the Iridium spark plugs benefits in performance than standard spark plugs?
    Sean Byrne

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
    Do any of you find that the Iridium spark plugs benefits in performance than standard spark plugs?
    atleast a 3MPH (or MPG) gain Sean!!!!!!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Now Daren tell him the truth. Unobtainium spark plugs are the absolute fastest.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

I guess they would be better used for counter weights. I'll put on at the end of the left sponson and one right over the turn fin. That should help keep the turn fin set on the Altralite
        Sean Byrne

Comment

I guess they would be better used for counter weights. I'll put on at the end of the left sponson and one right over the turn fin. That should help keep the turn fin set on the Altralite

then you would have a 335.2lb OSY outfit!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
            then you would have a 335.2lb OSY outfit!
            why race heavy; Guedo is on a diet and the Rev OSY is 25 lbs lighter

what ..... 295
            BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
              why race heavy; Guedo is on a diet and the Rev OSY is 25 lbs lighter

what ..... 295
              diet huh? really? is he? really?????

hmmm...............seems he was eatin like a mad man the other day AND night (with a double order of fries!)!!!............

Sean, did we answer your spark plug question?????? Have I noticed a difference in the plugs......no, but I am no where close to being as faaaaast as you guys, so it makes no difference what I say, cause I do not base my speed in tenths, like you guys do!!!! BTW, the iridiums work great for me though!

BTW Dan, are you guys gonna have tethers attached to the bow (and controlled from the beach)of that new boat to keep it down, so it does not take off like a kite????
              Last edited by mercguy; 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                diet huh? really? is he? really?????

hmmm...............seems he was eatin like a mad man the other day AND night (with a double order of fries!)!!!............

Sean, did we answer your spark plug question?????? Have I noticed a difference in the plugs......no, but I am no where close to being as faaaaast as you guys, so it makes no difference what I say, cause I do not base my speed in tenths, like you guys do!!!! BTW, the iridiums work great for me though!

BTW Dan, are you guys gonna have tethers attached to the bow (and controlled from the beach)of that new boat to keep it down, so it does not take off like a kite????
                Ya, I'm good with the spark plugs. I just ordered over $100 worth to get us through next season

Also, Dan's going to have RJ equip the new boat with a hand controlled canard just next to the throttle. It'l be kind of like pulling the pipes on the pro boats. Any time it gets a little high just pull the canard lever and she'll settle right down
                Last edited by seanp3; 12-06-2008, 08:56 AM.
                Sean Byrne

Comment

Have much experiance with these plugs, found every engine they preform differently. Can pay as much as $400 for plugs in one of our engines..
                  Starting to believe we should have sent the money to Craig instead always seems to be money better spent
                  Pat

Comment

I thought $5.00 plugs were outrageous. What kind of plugs would cost $400.00???? Trying to learn something here.
                    Larry Mac

Comment

spark plugs

Originally posted by Larry Mac View Post
                      I thought $5.00 plugs were outrageous. What kind of plugs would cost $400.00???? Trying to learn something here.
                      Larry Mac
                      I guess some people just change them more than once a season
                      (speed secret?)
                      Maroney Racing

Comment

The Denso Iridium racing plugs for the Alky heat range are $38.00 a piece from sparkplugs.com

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
                          The Denso Iridium racing plugs for the Alky heat range are $38.00 a piece from sparkplugs.com

Dan
                          My point exactly,Denso ,there are many different heat ranges (many costing over $38,00)and this alone is not the only item to be conserned about. Every engine could use a different plug and when trying new things in the pits you pay what the dealer
                          sells them for and yess we have paid more for plugs from dealers than they can be purchased online,,that said we wanted to learn now and not wait till next race. What we have learned I believe is that Denso's have a reputation
                          that is greater than there performance, and surely there price is much inflated

It seems NGK's perform as well on average\

Pat

Comment

302 spark plugs?

What seems to be the best (most common) plug for the 302. running on a hydro.

Comment

For the 18mm plugs I use NGK R8102A-10, and the 14mm plugs I just go with the cheaper B10ES.
                              Sean Byrne

Comment

Working...
                              X