Calling Tom Cronk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Tom Cronk

Hey I was told you could help me out with some plans for a small runabout like the minimost, I need something to build like that that I can race in our little hometown race we have with 15hp stock motors. I need something that will turn fast and sharp
    I got the need for speed!!!!!!!!!

Minimost - go see Popular Mechanix boat plans. Plans came out around 1960.

Comment

I looked there but my comp was acting up, I would like to buy some from someone that already had it printed off and built a boat by them

Comment

re-inventing the wheel

There are alot of used, but not used up, A Stock Runabouts out there. These boats are designed and built for 15HP, short shaft motors, and with a racing propellor, should be in the low 50MPH range, and turn on a dime.

I am sure that someone has one, fully rigged, and race ready they would let go for under 1000$

I am not too sure you you can make and rig any boat for under 1000$, especially if you give your time any value. Of course, if you just want to build a boat, for fun, thats different.

Guys, any ASR's out there? I am sure this community can help this guy kick the snot out of his local competition.

Brad Walker

Comment

Minimost is built from 3 sheets of 1/4" exterior plywood and they say it could be built in a weekend. It a good fun boat!

Comment

"Everyone should try building a boat, they will appreciate their boat builders more." John Runne

Comment

I talked to a guy last year about plans for a runabout and I think he was from Canada, If anyone has his name and number please post I need the plans...

Comment

Plans

I don't build runabouts or have any plans for one
                Tom

Comment

Minimost

Try this fellow. I think he ran a high school project building Minimosts. He also has kits for the Minimax. Email;
                  < cranfieldbrian@hotmail.com>
                  or call 905-986-4868.
                  He is in Blacksock Ontario, just N/E of Toronto,
                  ClarkCraft in Tonawanda, NY, sell plans and kits for all types of boats, including small runabouts.
                  <www.clarkcraft.com>
                  Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                  "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

We have a minimost, built out of the good marine ply, lettered it up like a vintage rig and it's a blast. The boat is quick, stable and a riot to roar around in.

I have a little Merc Rocket that we use on the boat and it just goes.......

Comment

Minimost

I think this is a pic of a minimost. (not mine)
                      It was taken at a smalltown race in Illinois. The race was for motors under 10hp. This guy set the throttle on the tiller handle wide open for the whole race. Then as you can see, he steered with one hand and drank a beer with the other! He didn't win the race, but he was one of the crowd favorites!
                      Last edited by jeff55v; 05-28-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

minimax ?

Jeff;-I think that is a MiniMax, an earlier MI design
                        A 10hp would be about all it could handle
                        The MiniMost is a later design. This pic is a MiniMax getting ready to tackle the St Lawrence River @Clayton, NY
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bh/; 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM. Reason: no pic
                        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

You need plans?

Minimost plans:

http://www.minimost.com/

And this website has tons of plans for small, cheap, and quick to build boats:

http://www.svensons.com/

Click on "free boat plans" and take your pick. The plan pages are jpg format. Center the cursor and left click zoom, then send it to your printer. Might have to "landscape" some pages. The result is 8 1/2 X 11 but the simple plans will be easy to scale up. I wouldn't bother with actual large drawings, I'd just plot the expanded drawings right on the wood and start sawing.
                          carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v
                            Then as you can see, he steered with one hand and drank a beer with the other!
                            ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Thats the funniest crap i've read or seen in a while
                            " It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
                            Art Pugh

Comment

hey Jeff as i recall your green top looked pretty good at that little small town race in ill.
                              was a fun time you should come back
                              ps we have been slipping a few 15's in lol

tellem about the right hand turn

Comment

Working...
                              X