Racing in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing in Texas?

Looking for any information that may help me find some kneel down racing in Texas.

There has not been a kneeldown race in Texas for the last few (4/5) years. I think there only about 3/4 of us left in the state. Myself in Austin, Dave Nichols in Sanger , Leroy Keller in Jasper and Will Hawkins in Euless near Ft Worth. Dave Nichols and I are the only one racing in APBA. The other two run NBRA. A former racer, Dan Parker, here in Austin is returning to the sport next season. I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have. My email is jstottsmk@att.net and phone is (512)280-0645 and cell number is (512)917-9019. Jack
    Last edited by Jack Stotts; 10-21-2008, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks Jack

Take good care of Mark, Jack. He's a transplanted northwesterner and an old friend. Please don't hold that against him.

R-19
      www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

I'll be glad to take care of him . What better endorsement could a guy get than one from you. Unfortunately, there just isn't much down this way any longer. That's why I spend the summer in Ohio and it's cooler there. Can race every weekend up that way. Good to hear from you Patrick! Jack
        Last edited by Jack Stotts; 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks from Texas

Thanks Pat, Jack, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hey Jack,
            Theres going to be another racer or 2, down there in TX. along the coast.
            Did you get my E-mail?
            Brett
            Brett L. 156M

Comment

No Brett, I have not gotten any Email from you. Where are the additional races to be? Jack

Comment

Ready to do my part

I hope to get my racing equipment here to Texas by the first of the year.
                I have been looking at lakes and locations to put on a race.
                As much money, and people as there are in Texas I think/hope I can
                arrange a race here in the not to distant future.

Comment

Races in Texas, would be awesome. Good luck in finding some locations. What ever happened to the race site like Trinity, Beaumont, and San Antonio. I know that NBRA had races scheduled there a few years back.
                  John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                  Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                  Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                  Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                  Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Hmmm sounds like racing spirit to me...

Comment

Good News

I bet if you get together with AOF or NBRA you could have some good races there in TX. Lots of folks down that way that would come for it. For APBA I doubt you would draw many.

One place of interest for you to look to race, Marine Creek Lake in Ft Worth. We have raced there before. AOF Nat's were there.

Also, look up Wayne Baldwin in Corpus Christie. He could help you a ton. At one point he was looking to get his son into a Mod.

With the right help, I beleive you guys could revitalize kneelers in Tx. You have a very strong contingent of Mod racers within easy driving distance already. I also believe there are a few Pro rigs in the area as well. You might try a couple combined Mod & Pro races and have some fun. AOF is cheap to put a race on. NBRA has the same insurance as ABPA and is cheaper to put a race on. Start small and grow it ! I would love to return to Marine Creek Lake for some Mod action.
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Just where I was thinking

I went to a Drag boat race a few months back at Marine Creek Lake, and
                        thought it would be great for a race. I plan to look into finding a contact for the use of the lake, and what it would cost to put on a race there.
                        I was leaning twards NBRA cause I met them at the Nationals in Ponca
                        City. Great group of people.
                        Sure would like to have a list of all the Texans that race outboards that would
                        be interested in helping me with this effort.
                        Dennis

Comment

Cowboy up

I'd be happy to help...Anything I can do.

Comment

John Snell lives outside of Beaumont TX. He runs the Star club that is affiliated with AOF/ NBRA. Give him a call 409-722-6256.

Tony Staron VP Competition AOF

Comment

I am not a racer but I come from a racing family and I too went to the NBRA Nats in Ponca City. I spent the day helping Art Kampen pit his boats and I had an absolute blast!! My dad raced against Art back in the 70's. I live in Ft.Woth and i would LOVE to see a race come here and would be willing to help out too.

Dennis C.
                              "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X