Calling All Dayton, OH Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Dayton, OH Racers

Ford Motor Company has kicked off the annual Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund Raiser and once again the Rawsonville Plant is sponsoring Kayla Kerr. We have come up with a fun and competitive way to raise money for Kayla this year. In addition to candy, Kermit, boot and raffle ticket sales we are having a Coin War between the Support Staff and Production areas. Bring your coins to Dayton!!! Sharon Kerr and Heather Miskerik will be accepting the donations.

Here's how it works:

Pennies are positive. Paper & silver are negative. All coins (or paper) equal 1 point. Each area has jars and will put their pennies into their own jar and the paper, silver into the other area jars. Heather Miskerik and I are part of the Support Staff and we want to win this competition!!! The prize is bragging rights for the year. Help us in our endeavor to help Kayla Kerr and others suffering from Juvenile Diabetes.

Thank you in advance,
    Janet Zilka
    Attached Files
    Last edited by boots205; 08-21-2008, 06:59 AM. Reason: Title change

Bump To Top

Bump Bump Bump

Comment

Janet and Heather - YOU ROCK!!

Thank you to all that participate.

The Kerrs

Comment

Just a quick update: My plans have changed for this weekend, so I will not be coming to Dayton unfortunately... HOWEVER, Mark will be there and will be bringing the collection "Jar" for anyone who would like to drop your coins off. Mark and Sharon will be manning the collection jars - so please track them down at their trailers! Mark will also be bringing it to the banquet with him on Saturday night.

Thank you to everyone who plans to participate in our collection to help support JDRF and Kayla Kerr!

Have a great and safe weekend! See you in Grass Lake!

Heather Miskerik
        Last edited by hmiskerik; 08-22-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Coin War Tally

Just thought I would share with everyone where we stand at this point.
          Currently the Support Staff is in the lead but we are hearing that the production areas are sandbagging (as are we ). We expect Friday the 29th to be a big coin dump for all areas.

Tally sheet attached.

Thanks and God Bless!

Janet Zilka
          Attached Files

Comment

Bump to top

Comment

On behalf of the Support Staff at the Ford Rawsonville Plant (Ypsilanti, MI), we would like to thank everyone who participated in the "Coin War" to help us raise money for JDRF in honor of Kayla Kerr. I know that the Kerr Family also appreciate your participation very much!

With your help we raised $157.00!! This breaks down to 15,700 pennies and I'm pretty sure this will put us in the lead with the "war" we have going on here at the plant...at least for now!

This is the 3rd year that Rawsonville has raised money on behalf of Kayla. As you know, JDRF is a wonderful cause and I'm happy to know that we can donate the funds in the name of one of our "own".

Thank you again for your support!

Heather Miskerik

Comment

The Kerr family is VERY grateful for everyone's generosity. The racing family always seems to have such deep pockets for Kayla each year. A special thank you to Worm who gave Kayla money for the JDRF jar every time he saw Kayla at the Dayton race and also to Janet and Heather for their annual hard work for such a worthy cause.

The Kerrs

Comment

Update -

I just found out that we forgot to add a last minute donation made by Rob Zilka - who although he didn't actually ATTEND the race... we know in his heart he wanted to be there!!

Thanks Rob...we are up to $184.00 .... 18,400 pennies.

Comment

I'll be sure to post the final Coin War results on Tuesday. Thank you everyone for your generosity and kindness.

Janet Zilka

Comment

Working...
                    X