Our third race is in the books: Oldtown/Newport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our third race is in the books: Oldtown/Newport

Our make up race at Oldtown is now history. The weather was great and the river had dropped about 20 feet from the weekend of the 4th of July. The 20SSH was a three heat shoot out between myself and Jill Walling. I believe there were 6 boats in the class. Jill won the first heat and I won the second two.

Then I ran in the CSH class and went swimming. I guess it was going to happen sooner or later. The wife was not impressed. I hit a roller in the turn and the boat just spit me out. Of coarse the boat just sat there looking at me. At least I didn't have to dry out the motor. After that the bad MoJo was started. During the rerun another CSH went over. Then the last heat of the day was Terry Fiorlli's accident in 1100 pro. Since my wife, daughter and myself are all EMS personel we are jumped into action working on the bystander and Terry along with the ambulance crew and a lot of other great folks. Just remember this is a great sport but we are only racing for medallions and small plaques.

Sunday was rather somber for the AOF western divisionals and Jill left to be at her uncles bed side so I won 20SSH. Now we will be missing the next race for family commitments and I guess we will see what we want to do for the rest of the year. This accident was very upsetting and do pray for Terry.
    Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Working...
X