• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Who?

1988 in the U.P.
    Attached Files

Rusty Rae on the left, and..???

Comment

I know the person on the right, Her husband is the 1976 National Champion in BSH. Her brothers are Dennis and Dewy and Dee. One of her son's is a multi national champion. Her grandson is a national champion and her granddaughter won a national high point championship.
      The guy in the middle is the 2006 National champion in BSR.(not bad for a old guy)
      The guy on the left wrote a book called "Speed and Spray" about a little boat race at Dayton Ohio. It only took a week to run. cause there were only 900 plus boats. Only one of a couple Nationals I saw that you could win your elimination heat and not make the feature.

Comment

That's right Spud, Rusty and Jan helping me celebrate my win at Wakefield
        in 1988. Notice the checkered flag I have. That was an award given by American Hot Rod.

Cooper

Comment

Cool Picture

Cool Picture Cooper. I'll let my mom know it's on Hydroracer.
          She may not like me telling the world this but she just turned 70, July 10th.
          Jan is a retired dental hygenist who loves here time with her kids, grandchildren and now spends a lot of time with her great-grand child, Nicholas Jenkins who is destined to be a 4th generation boat racer. She's on her third PT Cruiser because it can hold a lot of stuff at rummage sales
          One question Coop, can you list your national wins? I know they span numerous decades...
          Thanks,

Tom Kargus

Comment

Coop's titles

ASR- 1974
            15ssR- 1976, 78, 88, 93, 06

TK...when you strappin' on the bucket again?

Comment

Dayton 74

Tom K,
              I have a photo around here somewhere of this little guy from Menasha
              helping me tear down my "A" Merc after winning in 1974 at Dayton.
              It is not very clear so you have to come down to see it.

I always had fun running the Top-O-Michigan marathon and won the Marathon Nationals in 1992 and 1993. Plan on running again this year if I can get something ready in time.

Cooper

Comment

Hi out to ChampHotRod......

Funny that Coop is on here today with that screen name... as I just said hi to Dave Little down in the pits at the Springfield Lake, Ohio race! He actually had his old Hot Rod Elcamino there with some engines on the tail gate, ha ha ha ha..
                Coop is one of the best out there for sure!!!
                Take care,
                Jon Brewster

Comment

Dave Little

Jon,
                  If Dave Little is still around ask him if he is coming to Tomahawk this summer?

Cooper

Comment

Looks like I picked a bad year to quit boat racing. Cooper going to Top O. That's great! Just would like to let anyone know. I have a Marathon boat, prop, and motor that is good for Top O. If I don't sell my stuff before then, Call me....I'm willing to allow anyone to borrow my stuff (especially, to someone who has never raced Top O).

Mike
                    Info on my stuff is in a recent thread

Comment

hey Mikey... my cuz Dustin wants to run Top O for the first time. We've been trying to put a C together for him... but this offer might be better. I'll get a hold of you later this week

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
                        hey Mikey... my cuz Dustin wants to run Top O for the first time. We've been trying to put a C together for him... but this offer might be better. I'll get a hold of you later this week
                        Josh,

I would think the "B" would be better for a first timer.

Comment

Cooper to Top o Mich?

Hey Cooper... even the folks over here at Kampkurz recognized you in that Photo. Been a while since we've seen ya. Hope you make it this year, especially. I've built a C runabout and would love to have you there for my first trip in to the pits from the 'Kamp'!
                          Mark Kurz

Comment

Kampkurz

Mark,
                            I heard from Darrell Sorensen you were going to try and run this year.
                            Should be there if I make it back from NY.
                            1998 was the last time I did Top-O!

Cooper

Comment

Champ

Go get em Cooper. Give em hell at Top-0 and show them how cheeseheads can drink!

Hi Dana,
                              I hear your 20 hydro is flying! Good luck at the nationals.
                              As to my return...I've retired twice now so who knows
                              Once it's in your blood...

TK10

Comment

Working...
                              X