Prop search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop search

I am looking for a race prop for my c/sh (that i dont race) it has a 28h.p. yamaha with threw prop exhaust,my current prop is 9 3/4x8 13 spline.It has great bottom end and gets on plane quick but not much top end speed maybe 40 mph max and the engine is tached out .The hull is a old shovel nose design by Clark craft that I have recently built,it handles great and turns just as well. I cant afford the raceing gig that being the reason for the yamaha screwd on the back. Any help here would great! Thanks wanna be racer from so calif.

Ron Hill may be able to build something for you.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/prop19

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Solas Props

If Ron can't get you geared up you may want to try "Solas" props @

http://www.solaspropellers.co.nz/default.asp

If your running a stock gearcase they offer up to a 10X15 stainless.

Good Luck and be safe!
      Tom L.

Comment

Thanks for the tips

I will be safe as this is my 2nd hydro I had one in my younger days,and ya i am running the stock foot on it, Thanks Chris!!

Comment

Phone number for Ron Hill ?

Comment

I don't have a phone number for Ron. Try BoatRacingFacts.com.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

ronhill@hillmarine.com this will work for you

Comment

I am in kinda the same boat, play hydro that is. What is the gear ratio of the Yamaha? Ive found that with a non race motor you need a race prop or youll be accelerate-n all over the place. Not that thats bad but the need for speed is what it seems like yer havin .. Id suggest a more pitch, less diameter 3 blade and if not already get the prop as high as it will run and still cool. Also experiment with tilt angle, make a spacer that lets you move it in 1/2 increments. If your tacked out at 40 you could probably gain 5 to 7 maybe more. Good luck, Mike
                Team Tower

Comment

Originally posted by C.Chamberlain View Post
                  I will be safe as this is my 2nd hydro I had one in my younger days,and ya i am running the stock foot on it, Thanks Chris!!
                  Is the prop you mentioned 9 3/4 Dia x 8 P?? Is your boat a Wetback, Ben Hur or a Jupiter?
                  Team Tower

Comment

wet back

Yes it is the wet back hull,any ideas on a prop? 9 1/4 x 8 , Chris

Comment

Originally posted by C.Chamberlain View Post
                      Yes it is the wet back hull,any ideas on a prop? 9 1/4 x 8 , Chris
                      The one Tomtall mentioned?? question is will it bog the motor? at nearly double the pitch its hard to say and would co$t alot. I would try to get some budget ebay props to test, when you find what seems best then look into investing in a stainless steel version of it. Find out what other motors props might bolt on so the search is widened. Ive got a pal that has a Wetback & a Mariner 25 [Yamaha made] we took my right hand 2 blade speed prop, adapted it with a splined insert and he relief holed the exhaust [the prop isnt thru hub. That went from 38 to 44 mph. Another thing to consider.. A C class race hydro is spinning a significantly smaller prop at much more RPMs. the dynamics of how the boat handles is different. With a larger prop that has more torque against it spinning right in a left turn, be cautious till your used to it so you dont spin out.
                      Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                      X