Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever wanted to race Top O'??

Attn: C drivers!
    Have you ever though about racing Top O’ but never got around to getting a rig together. The California drivers need a little help getting to the race with the high fuel cost this year.
    Hear is the deal. Free Boat, just $500 toward our fuel budget to get the boat to Indian River. The boat is an early 70s Hill. The boat is strong, well maintained and loves rough water. It has raced in Top O’ in 2002 (2nd place) 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. The boat has only failed not to finish on one day in all those years.
    Bring your 102 or 302, driving gear & prop. The boat is equipped with marathon tank, plenty of padding & automatic drains. If after the race if you don’t want to keep the boat, sell it, give it away or give it back to us so someone else can drive it next year. But if you race Top O’ once, you will be back.

Darrell Sorensen
    C-4-C

GREAT OFFER!!! I WISH MY MARATHON STUFF HAD THAT RECORD. SOMEBODY JUMP ON THIS DEAL . THANX FOR SUPPORTING THIS RACE SO MANY YEARS . AND BRINGING ALL THE RACERS WITH YOU. SEE YOU THERE . Mike Affholter 51-M

Comment

Sweet offer... can you throw a photo of the boat on here or email it to me? I can't remember which one it is. You bring so many every year. My cousin wants to run Top O this year. I have my 102, but may need a boat. He might need some kevlar too. I'll pass this message along to him.

thanks
      Josh

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post
        Sweet offer... can you throw a photo of the boat on here or email it to me? I can't remember which one it is. You bring so many every year. My cousin wants to run Top O this year. I have my 102, but may need a boat. He might need some kevlar too. I'll pass this message along to him.

thanks
        Josh
        Josh,
        Here is a link to a good photo of the boat from last year.
        http://www.jopho.exposuremanager.com/p/c_s_r/dsc_571654

Kevlar, let me know his size. We have a race at Chowchilla July 19-20, the next one will be after Top O'. I'm sure I can borrow a set, just need to know B4 the race. I am also rounding up driving gear for Mark Kurz

Darrell
        C-4-C

Comment

Originally posted by pearson95m View Post

thanks
          Josh
          You have a 102????...Hmmmm

Comment

Top - O - MI Sponsorship

I was thinking would I want to try this race. Naw, I doubt a 250 runabout would be able to last that long.

But, wouldn't this race make for a great Aleve commercial??
            David Weaver

Comment

I raced this boat at last years race. I was really surprised how well it runs through the big water on the lakes, 3 and 4 ft waves. Never once was I worried about getting tossed out. It also turns very well in both directions. I didn't even have to turn the wheel to turn right. I just leaned to the right. The more I leaned the more it turned.

This would be an exellent boat for a first timer. When I gave it back to Darrell it didn't need any repairs and is ready to run again.

I had planed to be at this years race, and I even built a boat but with diesel at $5.00 a gal I'll wait and see what I can do next year. George Scott 110C

Comment

I agree

George has said it all. I have the next version of this boat. It is an absolute terror in rough water. I even passed a couple of D's last year on Burt Lake with a 102. It will also turn on a dime a give back change, just what you need for Crooked River. I am coming again this year with Darrell and he is doing everything he can to get us there on a reasonable budget. I am even leaving the camper at home to increase fuel mileage. I haven't slept in a tent in years though, ugh.

Soooo, of you guys who always say your dream is to run Top 'O, here is your chance. Last year was my first and I've got to do it again. This year I am going to finish both days. At least I am going to give it all I have and I think I have the mechanical gremlins at bay.

See you in Indian River in your new boat?

kk

Comment

Shocked!!!

Because of of all I have heard about "I want to do "Top O'" I am surprised no one has jumped on this. Almost everyone has a Yamato these days or access to one, bolt it on and go. You won't regret it. If you don't have a Yamato, this boat will also handle a D Merc.

kk

Comment

Working...
                  X