good race boat design..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good race boat design..

what is the fast boat for a stock 6hp do you guys think? i was thinking the J class runabout on glen L or http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/...39207071003015 ,, preferable a design in which i could do 15mph + with 2 people

what are some mods i could do to a 6? besides port work which i konw that..

thanks

When I was a kid, my grandpa bought a prototype Switzercraft that was supposed to be used at Riverview amusement park in Chicago. It had a 48" bottom with a slight keel 3/4 of the way down, and 10' long. It had a center mounted bench seat, dashboard, hand throttle, and cable steering.

With a 7.5 Evinrude that had an old 6 gallon pressure tank, we could hit 28 alone, 21-22 with two people. We took my buddies 5.5 Johnson and put it on there once, I thought the speeds were around 24-25.
    Bill Schwab
    Miss KTDoodle #62C
    -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

i cant seem to find that boat on the internet, i can find Switzercraft but not a small one but thanks

Comment

Ber 1023

To BER 1023,

How about a "Minimost" or a "Minimax".

Check them out.

Good Luck.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

The JU runabout on the Clarkcraft site is a true JU from the 60s by Hal Kelly, is fairly easy to build, runs well, and will go 20mph with any 5hp, and up to 25 or so with a good Merc 5 and a race prop. It will carry two samll people. If your building skills are not that good, try a Minimax.
          Brian Hendrick, #66 F
          "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

That is a brilliant design for a prototype boat guys... hope to have that on my own too.... hm, i'm dreaming already...

Comment

Working...
            X