Clear All

• Guess Who

These photos are about 45 years old!
    Attached Files

Guess Who continued

Winneconne, Wisconsin 1963
    Attached Files

Comment

Only a guess-could it be little Cooper & Connie in the Marshes of Horicon?

Comment

Close

Chip,
        You got the names right but are only a few miles off on the location.
        Fox River between Princeton & Montello. WI
        Attached Files

Comment

Cooper, You haven't changed a bit! Well, the same height anyway!!
          John Runne
          2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

45 years ago?....That 1957 Mark-25 looks brand new!!!!!.......

19P
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Ok

Steve,
              That was my grandfather's Hal Kelly designed Airborne boat with our hopped up Mark 25.
              Had a KE7 lower unit with the brass saddle tilt bracket (KF7HD) & Michigan two blade bronze racing type prop. Had a Mark 20H cylinder block and one of those tight alky 20H cases, KA7A carb. Ran great with two people or one until we twisted off the prop shaft and lost that prop. I still have the maroon colored shrouds from the engine and they were beautiful. Crankcase was $36.00 new.
              A test wheel cost $4.50 back then.

Cooper

Comment

Very cool!....I have one of the Quincy cast/stuffed 20H cases.......Just finished put'n one KG-4/20H cyl powerhead and one Mark-15/20 crankcase/20H cyl powerheads together for "lake play"...........Hey is anyone gonn'a run something for the 60th aniver of the kg-4's like you guys did at Wakefield in 1998?....still have that video somewhere of you guys runn'n in rain at the 50th........Yer motor ran well!

19P
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Hey Coop,

I love the old Winneconne pic. I spent many a day on that bridge. In the spring I used to fish for walleye and white bass off of it. If you got hungry,
                  walk over to the Fin & Feather.

We ought to have a race there or at Menasha to show the young guys what a REAL race course was. For those who haven't run at one of these sites, can you say rough? I ran at Winneconne with my ASR one year. I completed the first heat behind Cooper, Hansen and John Ramme. The 2nd heat I broke the tank ring on my KG-4. The tank was banging around on the flywheel and the keyway sheared off and wrecked the top of the crank. Winneconne was part of the Winnebagoland marathon.

My Grandpa ran the Winnebago marathon nine times. After the ninth one he decided that " marathons were for dummies". It took him nine times to make up his mind though.

Tim
                  Tim Weber

Comment

Coop-Boy are you dating yourself with the prices on the case and test wheel.
                    The Mk 25 sounds like a great engine when you could still buy 20-H parts at a reasonable price. Just think what you could have run like with a Hot Rod.
                    How is the new boat running?
                    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Comment

Winneconne

Tim,
                      Too much pleasure boat traffic at most of these sites,
                      Winneconne, Fremont, Orhula, Menasha to really consider a race.
                      We had a guy in Fremont that kinda wanted to have one but it isn't practical
                      anymore.

Al,
                      I ran my older boat last weekend, hit a log on Monday and took a blade off the prop. Came back and won he 2nd heat of BSR that day.

Cooper

Comment

thanks for sharing the pics Coop. the old boats are cool and the pic of 'lil Coopster' is neat too

"The Coffee Guy"
                        TEAM CAFFEINE
                        Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                        " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Champions

anybody know these guys?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X