Franklin, Pa....Updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin, Pa....Updates?

If anyone has any updates for this weekends race, fill us in. Entries, largest classes, winners....so on. HAPPY Memorial Day
    sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Ron France at Franklin

I would like to know how Ron did with his brand new lay down "A" stock hydro. Sounded pretty cool.
    Tom L.

Comment

ASH pending

ASH didn't get to run today. Everything else on the schedule got run. ASH is the largest class (was 13 but 1 decided to scratch, so 12). Several other classes had 9 including 25SSH. 116 entries today.

Bad wreck between Steve French & Jeff Brewster. Brewster has a seperated shoulder but otherwise ok.

Best race of the day was JH between Dylan Runne and Joel Kiddy.

Comment

You mentioned the best race of the day was JH...Dylan and Joel.....so who won???

Thank you!!!

Comment

Split heats. Dylan won overall maybe hundredths of a second difference in times.

The CSH guys had a interesting time making it around all the buoys in the second turn. I think only 3 guys out of the 8 or 9 made it around all the buoys without having to circle around and pick one up. A couple of laps 4 or 5 in a row missed the pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomtall View Post
            I would like to know how Ron did with his brand new lay down "A" stock hydro. Sounded pretty cool.
            Lay Down A Stock how is this possible any photos of the this hull ?
            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

WOOOOOOO! Nice job buddy!

Jeff, feel better soon!
              sigpic

Comment

Anybody Know How My Buddy Steve French Is? Is He Ok?
                How About His Boat? What Class Was This Wreck?

Chuck 280-p

Comment

Steve was roping on motors and lending out/launching his 25Mod boat later in the day so I'm guessing he was ok. The crash happened in 25SSH.

Comment

Saw my brother Jeff last night prior to leaving the pits. He stayed in a tent overnight and is staying today so his son can race today. He was back on the start and was hunting them down on the outside on the 2nd lap heading into turn 1. French went over right in front of him and Jeff had nowhere to go. Hopefully he'll heal in time for the nats. It's his left shoulder so maybe a comeback is possible.

Jerry
                    www.trora.com

Comment

THAT GOOD NEWS
                      thanks everyone for letting me know and i hope jeff will heal soon

chuck 280-p

Comment

Great weekend, cold at night, breezy on Saturday. Paid $5.02 a gallon for diesel on the way home, ouch! Tough luck for Jeff Brewster, wrong place at the wrong time, super fast but super sore now... Joey Pinner was blistering fast in ASH, Val D. held her own in A stock with a Stillwell Merc, great showing. Dana Holt and AJ Jennings were sick fast in 20SSH, both rigs were just ripping around that course. Not sure of legal finishers, but Ian Augustine, Joel Weigel and Jessie Ward were the fastest in CSH. Those C and 20 hydro guys are nuts! Glad I don't have to race with them...I took 25SSR and CSR both days, and split days with Dana and James Luce in ASR, Sat. Holt, Lyons, Luce, Sun. Lyons, Luce, Holt. Dave Young Jr's 25SSR was so fast he ripped the steering bar in half on his Merc, some serious horsepower! Best racing of weekend was Dylan Runne and Joel Kiddy, man they are battling hard week in and week out. Great driving by Becky Nichols as well, a hard charge in AXSR showed Luce that she came for business, watch out for her in the future! Thanks to TRORA for a great race, and thanks to Christine Brewster for collecting support from local businesses, what an asset to her club and family. Thanks for a nice weekend, keep in mind for next year that there is a big dirt track race just down the road on Sunday night, we followed George Luce over and watched some serious Modified and Sportman racing, worth staying up there for an extra few hours. Thank again, G. Lyons
                        Last edited by Gunjumper; 05-26-2008, 11:28 AM.
                        Future J dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
                          I took 25SSR and CSR both days, and split days with Dana and James Luce in ASR, Sat. Holt, Lyons, Luce, Sun. Lyons, Luce, Holt. Dave Young Jr's 25SSR was so fast he ripped the steering bar in half on his Merc, some serious horsepower!
                          TRORA put on a great race. It was nice to see the attention to detail with the saftey inspections of every boat and checks of the safety gear. Jeff heal quickly because we will need you out there the rest of the season and remember, right arm only. Greg, I think you may have ripped the steering bar off with the shockwave you caused as you went by me on the outside. As always it was a pleasure racing with you. Mike Marshal I thank you for the lesson on never forgetting about the outside. I guess Ill have to sign up for flight school to get all of the details on where you came from on the inside. We had a great time. Thanks to everyone.
                          Dave W. Young
                          95-D
                          "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

Canadian eh!

I heard Ron France and Mike Werner Jr did well with their A's.

Congrats guys!
                            Randy Rapedius

Comment

Thanks to Three Rivers for the race at Franklin. We had a great weekend even though we had some problems with the engines. This was our problems due to not being fullly prepared. Really enjoyed the event and looking foward to the next TRORA event. Bob & Don Rusnak N-9, N-96. Hope Jeff is feeling better!

Comment

Working...
                              X