Central Divisionals Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Divisionals Fuel

For all those attending the Stock/J Central Divsionals in Alexandria, Ky. May 31-June...please read.

The Race Committee suggests you bring LEGAL race fuel to the event. The greater Cincinnati area is a high smog zone...so we receive heavily oxygenated fuel...which would most likely not pass the Digitron meter.

We will attempt to test samples from stations around Alexandria prior to the race, but cannot guarantee its legality.

And there is nothing in the rule book that states legal fuel has to be provided. It does state we cannot race the Fuel of the Day.

Since most of those attending this race will have raced in the week or weeks before, there's no reason drivers can't show up with legal race fuel.

We don't want anyone getting DQ'd for fuel....so please plan to bring your own LEGAL fuel to be safe.

Thanks.

Dana

No Legal Fuel Anywhere

Additionally, you should consider voting for the Democratic Nominee in November to ensure that you will not be able to find legal fuel anywhere in the U.S.. When that occurs, you will have to go where our environmental laws have pushed most blue-collar jobs to buy fuel: overseas.

What the hey: at least the Polar Bear's hair won't fall out, though!
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

How about we leave the political BS out of this thread?

The bigger issue is Stock Outboard's fuel rule, which needs revamped far more than the issues of why our nation's gas has alcohol in it.

Times have changed...our rule needs revisited.

Comment

Times Hve Changed!

Originally posted by dholt View Post

BS. Put Ron Paul in the White House & get the crap out of the gas! Then we dont have to change the rule.
        14-H

Comment

I'd rather not live in an environment like China's.

Stop hijacking this thread.

Start your own.

PS...I liked Ron Paul quite a bit.

Comment

Dana's Fuel................

How about we leave the political BS out of this thread?

The bigger issue is Stock Outboard's fuel rule, which needs revamped far more than the issues of why our nation's gas has alcohol in it.

Perhaps Dana can lend all of us his fuel at Alexandria in lieu of us having to be DQ'd for bad gas!!!

I would hate to see my kid and 14 pitched for bad gas!

Matt

Comment

There still is leaded race fuel available if you search for it. It used to be much more expensive but at $4.75 now, its only $0.75 more than regular unleaded. Almost a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dagostino View Post
                ***I would hate to see my kid and 14 pitched for bad gas!

Matt
                Matt: I will not get DQ'ed for fuel. Sam is right, leaded race gas is a bargain now. I am going in the back yard right now to throw the leftover stuff from last year on my old-tire bonfire so that I can contribute more towards global warming. I am tired of freezing my azz off in Burlington. Eddie.
                14-H

Comment

I'd rather not live in an environment like China's.

What are you talking about? You live in a high smog area! Add that to an Obama or Hillary presidency and it'll be danm close to being in Bejing!
                  14-H

Comment

Stop hijacking this thread.

Don't worry about it, Dana. Everyone will know about the gas in Cincy after this discussion.
                    14-H

Comment

Just curious but who sells testers for the fuel. It sounds like everyone will have to carry there own. The attendants don't know what they carry in the way of fuel.
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

In penelton the next county south there is a Shell station there about 15 miles south on us 27 there WAS legal gas when we lived there migh thave changed. I belive the town is called butler.
                        Last edited by Joel Kiddy; 05-17-2008, 01:58 PM.
                        Joel Kiddy

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                          Just curious but who sells testers for the fuel. It sounds like everyone will have to carry there own. The attendants don't know what they carry in the way of fuel.
                          $525 and you can have one too: http://www.digatronusa.com/products-fuel-tester.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by blueskyracer View Post
                            Digatron sells the testers that inspectors use, they test specific gravity, very expensive though. The only test you should concerned about is for alcohol. There are testers available where you add gas and water to see what, if any, percent of alcohol is present. Tec u mseh offers one order # 670399, Briggs and Stratton's is # 100023 they should be under $10.

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112 View Post
                              Digatron sells the testers that inspectors use, they test specific gravity, very expensive though. The only test you should concerned about is for alcohol. There are testers available where you add gas and water to see what, if any, percent of alcohol is present. Tec u mseh offers one order # 670399, Briggs and Stratton's is # 100023 they should be under $10.
                              The Digiton meter does not test specific gravity, it tests conductivity. Specific gravity is a different test, only requires about $100 worth of tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X