Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.Kozuszek Gives SO Talk to H.S. Class

Chesterton, Indiana, May 14, 2008.

Adam Kozuszek, a 5-year member of the APBA and High School Junior, gave a talk to his Chesterton, Indiana High School Class today about the sport of Stock Outboard Racing. Kozuszek addressed his class of peers about the APBA organization, the sport of Stock Outboard Power Boat racing, how to race, the difficulty of starting, the two-heat format, how to build boats and engines, and the comradarie that comes with participating in such events. To support the presentation, Kozuszek (with some help) carried into the class room a Racecraft B Stock Hydro and Champion Hot Rod B Stock Engine along with boat cart and race gear for visual props. Kozuszek gave his presentation in order to fulfill his High School English Class assignment to give an "informational speech." After the presentation, the class presented Kozuszek with questions regarding various matters such as how long he had been engaged in the sport, how fast the outfit ran, whether he actually worked on the equipment and where his travels had taken him. In response to one question, Kozuszek remarked "I have friends in boat racing from all over the U.S."

The grade for the endeavor is still pending.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 14-H; 05-14-2008, 05:54 PM.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Attention-Getter

The "informational speech" requirements provided that the presentation should include an opening "attention-getter."

In order to fulfill this part of the assignment, Adam fired up the engine. The old rotary-valve design fired with the first pull.

It was necessary to open a window to vent the exhaust fumes.
    Last edited by 14-H; 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM.
    14-H

Comment

Shake and Bake!
      "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

I'm sure that Adam will do well in the grade department but I give Ed Hearn a big A+for bringing Adam and his brother into our sport and for mentoring them along the way. Great job by all! Thanks Ed.

Comment

i got a 95 on my visual aid speech last week...i used boat racing as well
          but i only brought in my gear haha
          i dont think they woulda liked me starting up a 44 in the class [=

Comment

i dont think they woulda liked me starting up a 44 in the class [=
            Adam made sure that the teacher notified the front office prior to starting the engine. We did not want the school to think that it was under attack.
            Last edited by 14-H; 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM.
            14-H

Comment

Adam,

Kudos to you. That's a very impressive presentation.

Back in 8th grade, I took a Merc KG4 reed cage to Industrial Arts class for an extra credit speech/presentation.

But for firing up a Hot Rod at school....you are officially the speech champion of all time.

Dana

Comment

Speech

I had the opportunity last October to talk to some of our local Cub Scouts and their parents about Stock Outboarding. I had taken my trailer, boat and Hot Rod engine. I never even considered starting it up!!!
                They really enjoyed seeing our promotional video. Several of the parents were very interested in learning more. As Adam stated, it very difficult to get started in this sport without great help from someone all ready racing.
                If half of our racers would attempt to start somebody new we would be in great shape. Good job A.K.

Coop

Comment

back in the day

I remember freshman year of high school I did something similar for my tech-ed class, but dad wouldn't let me bring in a boat. I used lots of pictures instead and considering I was one of two girls in that class, everyone was very impressed. Plus I was the only one who knew how a carburator worked and could rip duct tape with my bare hands. Good job Adam!
                  64W & 22B

Comment

listen you young pupet ya cant use "back in the day" untill your over 30. LOL

"The Coffee Guy"
                    TEAM CAFFEINE
                    Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
                    " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

I give that young man an "A!"
                      Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
                      X