Kneel-down Crew Membership Stinks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 14-H View Post
    In Ocoee, somebody invited a pretty good OPC racer to come watch SO racing. Her comment to me after the event was: Stock is "way cooler" than tunnel boats.
    Eddie.
    That's what happens when you hang out in the Runne/Hearn pits all week!!
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I personally consider my self lucky that my wife will even help with the coffee.
      On the other hand i should say she has been very helpful with the boat racing, because she hasn't tried to STOP me from doing it. LOL
      BTW Ed thanks for the clarification of you position. I typed out 6 posts last night in reply to you first one. Yet I didn't post any of then due to feeling they where too argumentative.

"The Coffee Guy"
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
      " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Originally posted by spunky64w View Post
        I think it would be nicer to have some sculpted young men help us out.
        I think your on to something!
        "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Cheap & Disorganized???

Stock Outboard is the second largest APBA Category in numbers of racing members (Inboard is the largest). But when it comes to Crew Memberships, Stock Outboard, along with Mod and Pro, stinks! So far this year, SO has only 25 crew members. This is approximately only 20% of Inboards' 142 crew members and 15% of Offshore's 187! Even OPC, which has less than 1/2 of the racing members that Stock has, reports 31 crew members: 6 more than SO. Pro and Mod report a dismal 9 and 8, respectively.

To quote Cal Naughton, Jr.: This is embarassin'! Everyone should have their crew members join at least as an Associate member ($25). Racers ought to buy it for them. It's the least you can do for the help you get.

The kneel-downers look both cheap and disorganized compared to the other categories!

If nothing else, membership qualifies you for medical payments coverage if you're hurt at an APBA event. If you're not an APBA member, you don't get it. Eddie.
          Ed, Ed, Ed,

The Outlaw Racing Team will take that as a compliment. Why the hell do you think I race Stock Outboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Gootz 142M View Post
            Ed, Ed, Ed,

The Outlaw Racing Team will take that as a compliment. Why the hell do you think I race Stock Outboard!
            Jim: LOL. Touche' (I think that's French for something). Ed.
            14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
              That's what happens when you hang out in the Runne/Hearn pits all week!!
              Yeah, and that was in spite of all of the garbage emanating from the "Ryan side" of those pits. Eddie.
              14-H

Comment

Yeah, and that was in spite of all of the garbage emanating from the "Ryan side" of those pits. Eddie.
                If I remember correctly, there were at least 2 or 3 people who changed their last name to Runne that weekend, or at least added a hyphen.
                "I don't want to just live life, I want to live an extraordinary life." - Kevin Ladd

Comment

Ed you are right!

Originally posted by Bill Huson View Post
                  My deal is if a race committee needs me to serve in an *official* capacity that requires membership, I will join. If not, I'll save my $50 and just do off the radar grunt work. I quit popping for associate membership when APBA jacked it to $50. It sill grinds me to know an official, most of who slave all day at the race, must PAY to do a sometimes thankless job while the racers get to have all the fun.

Local clubs should look a sponsorship of race officials.....our maybe our category should subsidize officials... to promote membership. But we defintely need to add our families to the member ship list.....we have been successful in family memberships at the club level locally....

Comment

It could be that it had a little something to do with the garbage you refer too. I call it makin' empties.
                    Ryan Runne
                    9-H
                    Wacusee Speedboats
                    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

"maybe if we had a family rate someone could claim Ryan"

Women have been fighting over Ryan for as long as I can remember, and it's gotten worse since the pin-up calendar was issued.
                      Last edited by L. Allen; 04-05-2008, 04:00 AM.
                      Twisted Sister

Comment

Women have been fighting over Ryan for as long as I can remember, and it's gotten worse since the pin-calendar was issued.[/QUOTE]

It's 'cuz he can hold his own in an arguement with Ed. Intelligence IS the ultimate chic-magnet.
                        64W & 22B

Comment

There isn't enough space here to list all of his fascinating attributes.

I think I'll go look at his picture right now.
                          Twisted Sister

Comment

Hijack Alert

It appears that Laurie and Rachel are about to hijack this thread, too. Eddie.
                            14-H

Comment

Certainly not.
                              You may go back to mewling at any time.
                              Last edited by L. Allen; 04-05-2008, 11:19 AM.
                              Twisted Sister

Comment

Ed, happy to say that I finally got my membership as a crew person in Friday. This should also allow me to do patrol boat duty. Looking forward to being more of help at the races. Mark OB
                                82F
                                Mark O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                                X