Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
    Ed ain't a "normal" people. **!
    Phil: when I become "normal', I'll race a freakin' car!

Your photos are the bomb! Eddie.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
      I can't think of anyone who laid a hand on my boat to help me last year who is not already a racing member.(100% solo at home)
      **** Find out how many racers bring "normal" people with them to races to lend a hand.
      Know what? Maybe this is the point. Maybe we ought to bringin' those crew member to "wipe off the sponsons", as Dana says.

In Ocoee, somebody invited a pretty good OPC racer to come watch SO racing. Her comment to me after the event was: Stock is "way cooler" than tunnel boats.

We need to spread the "love" (and buy 'love' a membership!). Eddie.
      14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Where oh whe!!!!!

Wow that sounds like something i would say, but i won't since i live in the I 70 corridor, and within 20 /40 mi. of kart heaven , Danny's track ,you talk about karts, i think i'll spend time closer to home this yr., ya'll have fun maybe next yr. we'll talk.
        RichardKCMo.

Comment

standing offer . . .

My deal is if a race committee needs me to serve in an *official* capacity that requires membership, I will join. If not, I'll save my $50 and just do off the radar grunt work. I quit popping for associate membership when APBA jacked it to $50. It sill grinds me to know an official, most of who slave all day at the race, must PAY to do a sometimes thankless job while the racers get to have all the fun.

But I agree in principle - what we need is a bevy of bikini clad pit bunnies to detail our race rigs!
          carpetbagger

Comment

Bill, this is the best idea I have heard in a long time ! Now where can we find the pit bunnies, this would sure bring in the spectators..
            what we need is a bevy of bikini clad pit bunnies to detail our race rigs!
            Gene Schertz 26V
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll
            Reeds for Speed!

Comment

pit bunnies

I think it would be nicer to have some sculpted young men help us out. Much less lifting and grunt work. Plus, guys don't have that annoying little "he he" giggle.

Although, Erik says he'll wear a bikini next time he comes if anyone wants him to. And he looks much better in women's clothes than Kip.
              64W & 22B

Comment

Rachel,
                What about the IQ test?
                Aw, never mind.
                Twisted Sister

Comment

They Are Out There

[QUOTE=26V;102718]Now where can we find the pit bunnies, this would sure bring in the spectators.. QUOTE]
                  Co-Sanction an event with the Jet Ski racers in APBA and you will have all the barely clothed babes you want. Some without too. And oh for the ladies, they get to see the guys there too. There usually is a reason the gals show up at races, the guys are hot, last time I checked the pits at a race there was not one guy parading around in a speedo trying to attract the babes... thankfully.
                  Last edited by Dave M; 04-03-2008, 08:59 AM. Reason: More Scientific Data
                  Dave Mason
                  Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                    last time I checked the pits at a race there was not one guy parading around in a speedo trying to attract the babes... thankfully.
                    Dave,
                    I thought you were handling the speedo parade this year? Something about a purple thong being displayed at every race, or something like that.
                    Brian 10s

Comment

You Really Want That ?

If you got enough cash, you might see it !! But you might want to save more cash goes the whole pits is gonna need a therapist after this one !
                      Dave Mason
                      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                        If you got enough cash, you might see it !! But you might want to save more cash goes the whole pits is gonna need a therapist after this one !
                        Maybe your right, You would probably scar most for life. You better keep it under wraps.
                        Brian 10s

Comment

I know a couple of people that have crew memberships and they don't smell any worse then the rest of us!!

Comment

Ed, Does the Stock Outboard promotional fund benefit from Crew memberships? If so, that alone is a good enough reason to join. The past couple of years we have actually started to use this money, and plans are in work to continue to use it to benefit the growth of Stock Outboard. If increasing crew memberships would give us a bigger budget than that is a great reason right there.
                            Ryan Runne
                            9-H
                            Wacusee Speedboats
                            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Family Rate?

Why doesn't APBA offer a ''Family Rate''? This way a racer could add his spouse and kids as official APBA members and perhaps they would be more inclined to help out at the races.

The TORC club has gone to this approach and the membership has been increasing steadily. The hope is that more family members will get involved at the local level. My daughters (non racers) have already agreed to sell T shirts and 50/50 tickets at the races and my spouse (non racer) is taking care of the ''Meals on Wheels'' charity program. Seems to be working for our club!

My 2 cents ......
                              Randy Rapedius

Comment

I think that's a great idea.
                                Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
                                X